balsamic glazed grilled chicken
This peach caprese salad with balsamic glazed grilled chicken is a fresh new spin on your classic caprese salad with fresh peaches, cherries and mozzarella paired with perfectly grilled balsamic chicken!
Hey you guys! It’s Erin, back visiting from The Wooden Skillet! I am so excited to be sharing this amazing summer salad with you – this Easy Peach Caprese Salad with Grilled Balsamic Chicken is so fresh and flavorful – I can’t wait for you guys to try it!
How to Grill Chicken
I get this question ALL the time! How do you grill that perfect piece of chicken? No worries, you guys, it really is not difficult at all – promise! Now, I know grilling has a bit of an intimidation factor (for some people). But you guys can totally do it – I know it. So, here are the basics on how to grill chicken:
- Make sure your grill grates are clean.
- Season chicken light with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill over direct medium heat (direct just means directly over the flames on the main grate as opposed to off to the side or up on a shelf).
- A 6oz. boneless chicken breast will need to cook for a total of 8-12 minutes, being flipped over once or twice.
- The internal temp of a safely cooked chicken is 165 degrees. I would highly recommend getting an internal meat thermometer, it really is the only way to really know if your chicken is cooked all the way.
- Once fully cooked remove and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
Wasn’t that easy?! Just by doing those simple steps you are almost done with this beautiful balsamic glazed grilled chicken salad already!
What about that balsamic glaze?
Balsamic Glaze is such a beautiful thing. It jazzes up any ordinary recipe into something even better. And that drizzle over the fresh peach and the hot-off-the-grill chicken? Yes, please! So where do you get balsamic glaze? Can you make it at home?
The answers are Yes and Yes! Most major grocery stores sell pre-packages balsamic glaze near the salad dressings. Buuuut, you CAN make it on your own. I actually have a foul-proof recipe for Sweet Balsamic Glaze over on The Wooden Skillet! It is so easy and can save you a good little chuck of money!
And yes, I did two different photo shoot set-ups ? I absolutely LOVE food photography and sometimes I just can’t help myself…. especially when the food is this gorgeous!
This salad has officially been put on my families summer dinner rotation! It is a great way to use some of those beautiful summer fruits from the store or farmer’s market! Just another reason it is the perfect summer salad!
Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken
If you are looking for other creative, fresh and healthy(ish) recipes – come visit me at The Wooden Skillet!
And if you are diggin healthy, weeknight dinners – check out this Crispy Pan-Seared Salmon + Charred Broccoli and Brussel Sprouts!
Otherwise, this Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad is AMAZING!