Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple Sundaes
SWEET. MERCY. This brown sugar grilled pineapple sundaes recipe is the best way to use pineapple during the summer. Sundae of the year!
We’ve partnered up with Simple Truth Low Cow to bring you our favorite summer recipe of 2017. Pin it now, don’t even go on reading until you do or else you’ll forget and never get to taste this incredible treat. It’s so good you’ll never look at pineapple the same.
I’m kind of becoming obsessed with these healthier ice creams out there these days. Cade here, and I had to interrupt and take this post over because while Carrian loves pineapple and ice cream she doesn’t feel as passionate as I do, and trust me, you’re going to want to come over to my dark side.
Where to Buy Healthy Ice Cream
There’s a new ice cream in town called, Simple Truth Low Cow, and you can find it only at your local Kroger grocery store, our’s is Smith’s. It can be tricky to know where to buy healthy ice cream and no one wants to drive far to a healthy foods store, but this one is totally convenient.
What Brand of Ice Cream is Healthier?
Here’s the breakdown of why it’s going to be your new best friend…
- Low Calorie (80% less fat and 60% fewer calories than regular ice cream)
- High protein (24g per pint) I mean, 24g!!!
- Rich and creamy – actually tastes like real ice cream without that chalky aftertaste, and I really can’t stand that.
- Available in 6 flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla Bean, Sea Salt Caramel, Lemon Cake, Mint Chocolate Chip, Birthday Cake so everyone can find their favorite.
Not to mention, it’s better priced than many other healthier ice creams out there. That’s a big deal because have you seen the prices on some of those?!
Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple
We start out with our Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple recipe from a few years ago. In fact, it’s even in our cookbook, Our Sweet Basil Kitchen. But, instead of using all of that butter and brown sugar sauce on the pineapple, we will set a little aside for right before serving. Trust me, the extra brown sugar flavor is amazing with the creamy ice cream.
Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple Sundaes
After the pineapple has cooked you need to work quickly to bust out the sundae. Carrian and I like to stand side by side and we serve up pineapple in a bowl with an extra drizzle of the brown sugar sauce, the next person scoops the ice cream and whoever is eating this bowl takes the caramel and drizzles it all over. We move on until everyone has their dessert. It’s hot pineapple and cold ice cream so team work is a must or it will be a melty mess.
And the very best part? It looks indulgent but it’s less calories than a normal dessert like brownies and ice cream (although with Simple Truth Low Cow event that’s not as bad as it could be!)
Show us what flavor you try first or if you make our brown sugar grilled pineapple sundaes by tagging us on instagram- #ohsweetbasil It’s been so fun seeing your recipes!
- 4 Slices of Pineapple, core left in
- ¼ Cup of Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Pint Simple Truth Low Cow Vanilla Bean Ice cream
- Caramel Sauce
- In a bowl, melt the butter at 20 second increments in the microwave. Remove from the microwave and add the brown sugar, stirring quickly to evenly combine, this will take a minute to absorb the sugar.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat and add the pineapple, cooking for a few minutes or until grill marks begin to appear. Flip and brush with the butter sauce.Cook until grill marks appear. Remove from the grill and quickly brush the butter brown sugar mixture over each side.
- Place the pineapple into two dishes and top with ice cream and caramel sauce. Serve immediately
Juicy and sweet pineapple slathered in a delicious brown sugar butter sauce.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.