Brown Sugar Peach Pancakes
These brown sugar peach pancakes are light & fluffy with golden edges and a delicious hint of brown sugar & cinnamon. Make them with fresh or canned peaches for the perfect breakfast pancakes.
I absolutely love when fresh peaches come into season. Warm summer days and fresh, juicy peaches? It’s the perfect combination.
So today, in honor of hot summer weather – I’m sharing these brown sugar peach pancakes. They’re fluffy buttermilk pancakes filled with cinnamon, juicy peaches and a hint of brown sugar. I love them drizzled with maple syrup, but they have so much flavor that they’re delicious without it too.
Ps – it’s Fiona stopping in from Just So Tasty!
Now, I’ve never been to Georgia or spent much time in the South. But if I ever go, I think the peaches might be my favorite part. Peach cobbler, peach pie, peach pancakes? It would be a delicious holiday.
But until then – these peach pancakes might be the next best thing.
Brown Sugar Peach Pancakes
The pancakes are fluffy with perfectly golden edges. Then they have a delicious cinnamon flavor and hint of caramel that comes from the brown sugar. Sometimes I find pancakes can taste a little bland – but these are packed with flavor because of the peaches, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Tips for Making Pancakes
Making pancakes is very straight forward, but there’s a few tips for the fluffiest pancakes around.
- Warm up your eggs & milk to room temperature before getting started – this helps everything mix together.
- Adding a little melted butter to your pancake batter gives more flavor.
- Then adding sugar gives you perfectly golden edges.
- I find using buttermilk creates the fluffiest pancakes. If you don’t have any on hand, add 2 teaspoons of vinegar for every 1 cup of milk.
- For this recipe, if you want extra thick pancakes use 1 3/4 cup flour instead of 2 cups.
- Having a few lumps in your pancake batter is totally ok.
These pancakes are fluffy, packed with flavor, and something extra special than your plain buttermilk pancakes. We loved the combination of brown sugar, cinnamon and peaches – and if you’re looking for the perfect summer breakfast – then you should definitely try these brown sugar peach pancakes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (use 1¾ cup for extra thick pancakes)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon, to taste
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk*
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Then in a separate large bowl whisk the eggs. Then whisk in the butter, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, then fold in the chopped peaches.
- Heat a large griddle to 350F degrees, or a frying pan to medium heat. Grease with a little oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour the batter onto the griddle to form each pancake. Allow to cook until you see small air bubbles forming on the uncooked side (about 2-4 minutes), then flip each pancake over and fry on the second side until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
For more recipes, visit my blog or connect with me on social media!
Fluffy, buttery, super soft Peach Muffins with Streusel Topping – The combo of fresh summer peaches and crunchy, cinnamon, pecan streusel makes these the perfect peach muffins!
Flaky pie crust, juicy peaches & streusel topping make this the ultimate peach pie!