Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
A big thank you to Imagine Soups for sponsoring our cheesy broccoli chicken and rice casserole post. So excited to find a great organic soup to work with!
I adore our readers, but I’m always a little surprised by what does well. Everyone is going crazy trying to think up unique, over the top recipes, but I post a casserole and it stays number one on the site for months. Clearly the world is trying to go gaga over totally different recipes, while the general public still wants the comfort foods they grew up on too. Especially for their kids.
This recipe is one of our new favorites thanks to the creamy filling and totally crunchy topping. You’ll want to be careful though, it’s really best to steam the broccoli and carrots ahead of time so they are tender to eat. This is the type of bake that is meant to be really easy, but one of my favorite parts is that you can totally skip the cheese and butter and make it totally dairy free. Yes, this soup is dairy free. Here’s a few more facts you may love…
- Imagine® creamy soups are rich, non-dairy and with a full serving of vegetables in each cup (USDA MyPyramid. One-half cup of vegetables = 1 serving), they are bursting with garden-fresh flavor.
- With no added MSG, GMOs or artificial flavors, chemicals and preservatives, Imagine® goes above and beyond to put a great product on your table.
And the soup is the other big deal. Please do not just go buy a no name brand soup. Really though, premade soups are one of those that you want to take the time to buy the better product. It will totally change your meal from average to delicious, plus by using a brand like Imagine, you can actually read the label and make sure you are feeding your kids better quality foods. We used creamy potato leek so that we could get in even more flavor without adding more ingredients.
And then we busted out the crunchy topping because heaven only knows how much I love a crunchy topping! I thought we would do things a little different, so we went with crunchy cornflakes instead of bread crumbs. Somehow the flakes tasted better and gave a better texture to the casserole. And don’t worry, I’m all about giving back to my readers so a little heads up, there’s a special deal right now for you, Kroger shoppers you can visit Kroger.com to download a $1 off coupon on Imagine Creamy Soups to your Kroger Plus Card. Not a Kroger shopper? Visit imaginefoods to check out all their delicious varieties, as well as a $1 off coupon.
- 1 Cup Uncooked Rice
- 1½ Cup Carrots, sliced and steamed
- 1 Cup Broccoli, chopped, and steamed
- 2½ Cups Imagine Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 1 Large chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 9 slices colby jack cheese
- 1½ Cups Corn Flakes, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x9" pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the rice, broccoli, chicken, seasoning, soup and carrots. Stir everything together and place in the oven for 1½ hours. There is no need to tent with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornflakes and butter.
- Remove from the oven and add the cheese and cornflakes. Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.