Chicken Pesto Pizza
We have been craving pizza lately and this chicken pesto pizza is definitely a keeper! This recipe comes from Meet Me In The Kitchen If you haven’t visited that blog make sure you do because it’s awesome!
My husband was the one that did the dough and I forgot to tell him to make it into two thin crusts so if you are like us and prefer thin, make sure to make the dough into two separate pizzas. My favorite part is when you get that little bit of sweet from the peppers. It breaks up everything else and rounds out the flavors so well.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 Tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 Tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium zucchini, halved twice and thinly slice
- yellow, red, orange, and green bell peppers, chopped
- mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 and a half cups flour (you can use half whole wheat)
- 1-2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp of salt
- For dough- place warm water, yeast, honey, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl or mixer (if you have a dough hook). Add warm water a couple Tbls at a time and mix until you have a nice smooth dough. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken for a few minutes, in a little bit of oil over medium high heat, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Before it is cooked through, add zucchini, peppers and mushrooms. Add more Italian seasoning and cook until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray round pizza pan or 12 by 8 baking sheet.
- Put pizza dough on pan and roll out with a rolling pin to desired thickness. Bake for 7 minutes on 450 degrees. Spread pesto evenly over pizza crust. Top with chicken/zucchini mixture, peppers, and mushrooms. Put cheese on top. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.