We love chocolate pancakes at our house and my husband has been wanting to make them for a while now, Sunday we finally did. It’s nice to have something a little different or a little special for breakfast every once in awhile. We’re usually in a rush on weekday mornings to get out the door and get to work that we don’t always get to enjoy a nice sit down breakfast together, we try to make our weekend mornings when we have more time a little bit more special. We love fresh berries and just a light dusting of powdered sugar on top of our chocolate pancakes to really add a special touch. If you don’t have any fresh berries on hand you can always use your favorite fruit, maple, or buttermilk syrup as well. YUM! Even if you aren’t much into sweet things for breakfast you’ll definitely love these. Using a grated chocolate and cocoa powder mixture (Ghirardelli’s) makes for a subtly sweet pancake. Can you think of a better way to start your morning than with these tasty pancakes?
- ½ Cup all purpose flour
- ½ Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 Cup milk
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine egg and milk, beat well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Dump wet ingredients, including butter, into dry ingredients.
- Carefully combine without over mixing. (some small lumps are fine). Cook as usual.
- Top with berries and syrup. (My husband still put chocolate chips in his, even though they were chocolate!) Delicious.