Easy Teriyaki Chicken
Our favorite recipe for easy teriyaki chicken using grilled chicken thighs and the absolute best teriyaki sauce ever, ever, ever!
Cade loves sushi. Like, loves it. I think it is horrid. Wait, I know, you all love it too, but I just can’t jump on that bandwagon. I kind of want to, but at this point I’m just trying to find ways to survive. For example, I adore Cade and because he loves sushi I love going out with him for it. The only stinky part is that then I sit there with nothing to eat, so I generally try to get a teriyaki chicken bowl or something similar. I loved an easy teriyaki chicken bowl growing up and remember how I told you about our teriyaki chicken quesadillas? Yeah, pretty much delicious. So why have I never posted such an easy and delicious recipe?!
I think the real secret to teriyaki chicken, other than a good sauce is actually the meat you use. Everyone goes for breast meat, which is awesome a leaner, but it’s all about them thighs! Chicken thighs are more moist and work so well with the teriyaki sauce.
In fact, maybe I should ask if they could make a teriyaki chicken sushi roll!!! GENIUS! Oh, wait, except I don’t love the seaweed. Dagnabit! See! I’ve tried to like the stuff. Any recommendations on what kind I should try that would be better for me to ease into? And in the meantime, bust out our easy teriyaki chicken bowl for the fam!
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, honey and ground ginger. Heat to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the water and corn starch together then slowly whisk into the sauce. Allow the sauce to continue cooking at a soft boil for 1-3 minutes or until thick. Set aside
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Allow to rest on a plate for 2 minutes and cut into slices. Serve over rice with sauce.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.