Garlic Cheesy Bread & Giveaway
This garlicy, buttery, cheesy deliciousness is one of our all time favorite foods to enjoy on the weekends. We pull out a favorite movie, or rent one from redbox and then make this cheesy bread. It is perfection. Seriously. We’ve used a combination of olive oil and Land O’ Lakes melted butter (please have a moment of silence. Land O’ Lakes has actually introduced Half sticks. That’s right folks, no more mangled paper wrapped sticks left in the fridge.), garlic salt and then topped everything with loads of cheese. Usually I’m all about shredding fresh cheeses, but we found an Italian Cheese Blend at the store that we really like, so this became even easier.
In my personal opinion the dough makes all the difference. I hate when I eat a pizza that tastes more like bread. It should taste like light, airy, crisp on the edges and bottom pizza dough. Which is why we use the Artisan Bread in 5 recipe. Don’t fix what’s not broken right? Plus, the longer you let the dough rest in the fridge that day the better it gets. I love that because I can have half the work done in the morning and dinner time isn’t so crazy.
Every other pizza dough that we’ve tried has turned out pretty good, but it’s clearly homemade and never puffs all bubbly like a Pizzeria. This recipe, totally did the bubbly thing. I mean, check out that monster right there! I lurve it. I truly do.
And then you cut into it. This whole entire pan was devoured less than 3 seconds after this photo. Literally. The family heard the click and dove right in. Oh my cheesy deliciousness. That is all. Just make this. OOh, actually go enter the giveaway first. Lots of pretties to be won. 🙂
Land O’ Lakes has started an awesome new “conversation” with everyone everywhere. It’s called, Kitchen Conversations where Land O’ Lakes and bloggers will be sharing recipes, tips and ideas for in the kitchen. We were able to attend a fun webinar with a few bloggers including Ree from, The Pioneer Woman and after hearing all of their fun ideas on trends we were able to offer this fun giveaway to all of you! Woohoo!
a Rafflecopter giveaway The giveaway is for U.S. residents only
Garlic Cheesy Bread
- 2¾ cups lukewarm water
- 1½ tablespoon Instant Yeast
- 1½ tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1½-2 Teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 4 Cups Italian Cheese Blend, shredded cheese
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, fitted with the dough hook attachment, mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil with the water.
- Slowly add the flour without kneading.Transfer dough to large bowl. Cover (not airtight), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.
- The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though though not only is it easier to handle when cold, but I think it also produces a better crust. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees. Place the cast iron pizza pan or pizza stone (unless you are using a metal pizza pan) in the oven to heat up.
- Melt the butter in a small dish. Add the olive oil and garlic salt and stir to combine.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured sheet of wax or parchment paper (we actually do the ol' toss method which keeps our dough nice and airy) and brush with the butter, garlic salt mixture. Top with cheese and slide the dough carefully onto the hot pizza pan and place right back in the oven. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
*The author received product samples and a gift package from Land O’Lakes, including a serving bowl, measuring spoons, butter dish and skillet, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.