Gooey Fluffernutter Rice Krispies
Now I understand. All these years I’ve thought it was a little silly when parents said that their duty was to embarrass their kids, and while I still think that’s a tad ridiculous, but I totally think it’s necessary sometimes. As are these Gooey Fluffernutter Rice Krispies…
Yesterday I drove the girls to school.
In My bathrobe. It’s white. NBD.
I don’t usually drop off in the mornings so it was a last minute thing.
And then the girls were kind of having a quiet morning and I could tell it wasn’t going to be an awesome day. So I did what any of you would do, I threatened embarrassment.
I turned up the music, sang (I CANNOT SING) at the top of my lungs and threatened to roll the windows down at every stoplight unless they sang with me.
It was amazing. At first they tried to ignore me, but then they could see a red light ahead. Oh the terror!!
Suddenly everyone was giggling and singing but it wasn’t loud enough so as we approached the school I threatened to sit in the drop off line and really get into it. They died. They started singing so fast and loud in between every giggle and you know what? We all had a pretty dang good day after that. I guess happiness really is a choice. And you’d better choose to make these peanut butter marshmallow krispies because oh my goodness, it’s like gooey perfect. Scotcheroos combined with rice krispies combined with marshmallow fluff. It’s what heaven will one day be made out of, as well as jiggly thighs and bellies. You’re welcome.
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 7 Ounce Container Marshmallow Fluff
- Place the cereal in a very large bowl.
- Place parchment paper in a 9x13" pan and lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the corn syrup and sugar. Heat through, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Working very quickly, stir the peanut butter mixture into the cereal and then quickly add the marshmallows and fluff, and stir together. Press into a 9x13" parchment lined pan. Allow to cool and slice or if you're like us, we prefer it warm.