grilled flank steak summer salad cilantro lime vinaigrette
Grilled Flank Steak Summer Salad Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette – the perfect meal that is healthy and bursting with flavor! Ready on your table in 30 minutes!
Hey, you guys! It’s Erin from The Wooden Skillet and I am pumped to be back here on Oh Sweet Basil to share a new recipe with you! This Grilled Flank Steak Salad + Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette is ridiculous and I can’t wait for you guys to try it!
A little backstory on where the recipe came from – as I write this, I am currently just starting my second week of the Whole30 program (which I LOVE, but you can head on over to The Wooden Skillet if you want to hear about my experience). I also, generally, try to eat whole, simple and clean foods (because I always seem to feel the best and have the most energy that way). Well, I was getting a little sick of hard-boiled eggs and chicken and I needed… something. I needed colorful, flavorful food that didn’t leave me wanting….. more. And then this salad was born. It has bursts of sweet from the tomatoes and snap peas, creaminess from the avocado, a bite from the red onion, savoriness from the ah-mazing flank steak and then a huge burst of flavor from the homemade cilantro-lime vinaigrette. It was perfection and exactly what I needed. There is something about simple, clean food that just leaves you feeling satisfied in a completely different way.
Bottom line though, this salad is simply delicious. It doesn’t matter if you are trying out Whole30 or not. It is good food. Real food. And it would be perfect for that summer weekend dinner party or just a simple weeknight salad. The vinaigrette can be made ahead of time and all of the veggies are raw. All you really need to do is season your flank steak and pop it on the grill (if you need any tips on how to grill the perfect steak – check out this tutorial!). Dinner will be on your table before you know it!
And if you are still hankering for something sweet after this, maybe give these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies + Carrots, Zucchini and Spinach (yes, they actually taste amazing – I promise!). But either way, make sure you bust out this grilled flank steak summer salad cilantro lime vinaigrette before summer is over!
Grilled Flank Steak Summer Salad Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 10oz flank steak
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup purple onion, diced
- 10 sugar snap peas
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 asparagus stalks, cut into 1 inch strips
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- 3-4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Combine Vinaigrette ingredients in food process and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Taste and make any necessary adjustments per your specific taste.
- Place in refrigerator.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill your steak on high heat for approx. 2 minutes per side and then move to a cool side and cover the grill.
- Let steak continue cooking until it reaches your preferred doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest.
- Add lettuce, asparagus, tomatoes, peas, onion, yellow pepper and avocado to your salad bowls.
- Cut your steak into strips and place on salad.
- Cover with your desired amount of vinaigrette.
If you are looking for other creative, fresh and healthy(ish) recipes – come visit me at The Wooden Skillet!
And if you are diggin this salad, check out my Healthy Spring Green Salad + Turmeric Poached Egg!
Or maybe try this Farmer John Pesto Garden Salad!