Meatball Lasagna Pizza
When I was in 6th grade the rule was that us “big kids” were allowed to eat lunch in our classroom. We felt like we were the leaders of the school and so awesome that we were able to chill at our desks or on the couches in our classroom and eat our bagged lunches which consisted of sandwiches, handi snacks, gushers and some even got lunchables. But the real treat happened on Fridays when we could order in God Father’s Pizza. It’s no wonder I have a love for our 4 cheese margarita pizza, creamy chicken pesto pizza and now this meatball lasagna pizza. And as I type I’ve got an 8 year old (who was supposedly reading while I type), who insists that the best pizza is our perfect pepperoni pizza.
We each were required to bring a couple bucks and the students all pitched in for delivery. Oh man, that smell would enter the classroom and we were all totally in a pizza trance. We couldn’t wait to get our grubby hands on that pizza! I don’t even know if it still exists but like all of my 6th grade memories in and outside of the classroom revolve around that pizza. And as a side note, that’s actually the year I decided I liked pizza. Can you believe how ridiculous that is?
It kind of continued in college for a bit as we would save our money and split a Little Caesars pizza and cheese sticks as roomies. It was such a treat to eat out for us as all of us were trying to pay for college on our own and be smart with our finances. A big fat pat on the back to my parents who encouraged me to be smart, shop the sales and try to do as much of my own college on my own as possible. Which I ran with, worked hard and did in fact pay for it myself. So trust me, spending money on pizza was always a decision that I had carefully thought out and made sure I’d have enough money for the month.
Now I may not be in college anymore and certainly not 6th grade (but boy do I wish I had the energy of both!), but I still love a good pizza and this was totally groan worthy. It is over the top cheesy, saucy and delicious meatballs to throw it right over the top! And all we did was use leftover meatballs, sauce and peppers from the night before. I love finding a new way to use up dinner from the night before!
- 1 Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce Click the name for the link
- 5 Meatballs, sliced in half
- 1 Red and Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- ½ Cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- Heat your oven to 475 degrees with a pizza stone in it.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of oil and the peppers. Cook until tender and remove from the heat.
- Once the oven is heated completey, remove the stone, and quickly place the dough on the stone. Working fast, spread 1 cup of sauce (or to taste), dollops of ricotta, sauteed peppers, and 1½ cups of the mozzarella cheese. Add the meatballs and the last of the mozarella and parmesan cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 8-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy