Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
These mini cheesecakes with salted caramel sauce have a crunchy graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake layer and are are topped with salted caramel sauce. A total crowd pleaser!
Hi there! It’s Fiona stopping in from Just So Tasty to share these Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel Sauce. They’re always a huge hit whenever I make them – so I’m excited to share the recipe with you!
Now I absolutely LOVE cheesecake. And for whatever reason – whenever you make a dessert in miniature form I think it becomes even more delicious. Or maybe it’s just the optics of having an individual cheesecake???
Either way, you’re going to love them.
The combination of crunchy graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake & sweet salted caramel sauce is so delicious. Plus – they’re easier than you might think.
First we start by stirring together some melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and a little sugar. These mini cheesecakes have a pretty high ration of crust to cheesecake – which we really enjoyed.
Then the graham cracker mixture is pressed into the bottom of a lined muffin pan. There’s no need here to buy an individual mini cheesecake pan, because instead we’re making these mini cheesecakes in a muffin pan.
Then the cheesecake is made by beating together cream cheese, sugar & vanilla, followed by the sour cream and eggs. For the perfect cheesecake, make sure that:
- Your ingredients are room temperature before getting started.
- You really beat the cream cheese & sugar until there’s no lumps.
- You add in the eggs last and be careful not to over mix.
Then it’s time to spoon the batter into the pan (I like to use a cookie scoop), and the cheesecakes are ready to bake.
As much as I love cheesecake – the salted caramel sauce was my favorite part. It’s sweet & creamy with a hint of salt, and goes perfectly with cheesecake. You can always use your favorite caramel topping if you don’t have time to make caramel from scratch too.
Either way – these mini cheesecakes with salted caramel sauce are sure to disappear quickly!
Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 20 oz brick-style cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees and line two muffin pans with muffin papers (you'll get 24 mini cheesecakes total).
- To make the graham cracker crust, in a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter. Spoon the mixture into the bottom of your prepared muffin papers (about 1.5 tablespoons for each) and press down with the bottom of your spoon. Place in the freezer to set.
- To make the cheesecake layer, in a large bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar until no lumps remain. Then beat in the vanilla extract and sour cream. Turn down the mixer to low speed then beat in the eggs one at a time being careful not to over mix the batter.
- Remove the muffin trays from the freezer and spoon the cheesecake batter into each muffin paper on top of the graham cracker crust (I like to use a cookie scoop for this).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes look just set. If you see cracks starting to form, then your cheesecakes are definitely done. Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully to room temperature.
- Cover the trays loosely and set in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the sugar while stirring occasionally with a heatproof spatula or spoon. It will begin to form clumps, then turn into a smooth amber colored sauce.
- Then stir in the butter. It will bubble up. Once the butter is fully melted, pour in the whipping cream slowly and gently stir as it bubbles for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla and salt.
- To serve, remove the cheesecakes from the muffin pan. If the papers stick to the tin, you can use a spoon to gently pry the cheesecakes out.
- Spoon a dollop of cooled salted caramel on the top of each cheesecake, and optionally sprinkle with coarse salt.
For more desserts & sweet treats, head on over to my blog or connect with me on social media!
These no bake cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect summertime dessert. Made with only a few simple ingredients, they take less than 15 minutes to make. With a crunchy graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake filling & sweet cherry topping – they’ll be the hit of your next bbq or potluck.
This Greek yogurt cheesecake is easy to make and so creamy but I’ll be honest, it’s that berry sauce I love most!