Mom’s Sticky Buns
We have had these sticky buns my whole life and everyone must try them. They are so soft and light. Seriously delicious! I always pour the extra sauce from the bottom all over them so I can scoop it up off the plate for a little extra glaze on the buns. And that glaze, I seriously want to know who made it all up. I mean, pudding, butter and brown sugar and it makes this awesomeness?!
Genius!! I’ve been eating these things for years and years and it never gets old to me! I could devour an entire pan and the belly ache would be worth it for sure.
Our girls even beg for these sticky buns every holiday now. I certainly am not one to discourage any kind of tradition that revolves around food. In fact, I believe those those are the best kinds of traditions and trust me it’s not just because I’m a food blogger. See here’s what I think,
1. Food is awesome
2. It creates memories
3. Brings back feelings
4. And let’s be honest, totally makes us happy.
Now how could that ever be a bad tradition?! We have even been experimenting with the flavors. At the bottom of the post you’ll see our oreo version and I’m trying a new one soon that I can’t wait to share!
Mom’s Sticky Buns
- Rhodes rolls (18 staggered. Overcrowding will cause them to not rise and bake properly)
- ½ pkg cook and serve butterscotch pudding
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Spray your bundt pan and stagger the frozen Rhodes rolls.
- Sprinkle the rolls with ½ pkg of Butterscotch pudding.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together and pour over rolls and dry pudding.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and let rise 4 hours (My mom has always made these Christmas eve and allowed them to just rise through the night. We did go to bed around midnight though and they were usually cooked around 7 so don't let them rise forever)
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Be so careful to not over or under bake. I usually do 22 min and then check them.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.