Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Hey everyone! Des from Life’s Ambrosia here, bringing you a sweet, decadent, chocolatey treat to help get you through these hot summer days. This Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is chocolate ice cream loaded with swirls of Nutella and semi-sweet chocolate chips. It is a chocolate, hazelnut lovers dream. Trust me.
One of my favorite things about this ice cream, aside from the down right Nutella Chocolate heaven, is the fact that it is so easy to make. This recipe is for a Philadelphia style ice cream which means that it is eggless. Instead it is made with cream, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and a pinch of salt. There is no heating required. No cooling overnight. Just whisk, churn and freeze.
The ice cream is so creamy, the chocolate chips add a little crunch and the Nutella? Well the Nutella gets all kinds of fudgy.
And. It. Is. Scrumptious.
You can choose to eat it in a bowl, or in a cone, or one of my favorite ways: Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Banana Sundaes.
Yeah, that’s right. Take the decadent, Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, top it with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, chopped hazelnuts and sliced bananas. It’s pretty much heaven.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (or 1 cup chocolate chips)
- ½ cup Nutella
- Whisk together heavy cream, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until sugar dissolves.
- Freeze according to the ice cream maker manufacturer's instructions. During the last 5 minutes, mix in chocolate chips and slowly drop in dollops of nutella. Continue churning just until mixed.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container and freeze until frozen, about 4 hours. Serve.
Connect with Des
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.