Our Best Bites Grilled Vegetable Flatbread Pizza
It was only a week ago that while chatting about glazed donut pancakes that I told you that I don’t mention cookbooks on here very much because the world is so saturated with them that I don’t think there are as many good ones anymore. And then my cute friends at Our Best Bites came out with a 400 calories or less cookbook and I just had to get my grubby hands on it! This grilled vegetable flatbread pizza was totally calling my name and can you blame me?
I’m sure you all know that Cade and I try really hard to eat healthy and then indulge every once in a while, or maybe you don’t since so many of the indulge recipes pop up on here. Ooops! But we do, we try to take good care of ourselves it’s just that sometimes we get so stuck in a rut.
I hate to admit it but there aren’t as many really delicious low calorie recipes out there so having a cookbook full of ideas from people I totally trust is priceless. And guys, this book is worth it. The recipes are fresh and delicious, totally real ingredients and the pictures are beautiful. Buy. It.
- 2 8-9 ounce Flatbreads
- Nonstick Olive oil or canola spray
- 1 Small to medium zucchini, sliced diagonally in thin pieces
- 3 Horizontal slices red onion, keep rings intact
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Pesto
- 4 Tablespoons Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced thin
- 4 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced thin
- 2-3 Tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Heat a large indoor grill pan (or outdoor grill) to medium heat. Lightly spray one side of the zucchini and onion rings and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the zucchini and onions oil side down for 3-5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Spray the other side with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, flip the vegetables and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine pesto, ricotta, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl. Spread the mixture on baked flatbreads, layer the zucchini, onions, tomatoes and mozzarella on the flatbreads.
- Return the flatbreads to the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil and balsamic vinegar and serve.