Peanut Butter Cream Filled Mini Cadbury Egg Rice Krispy Nests
Spring is here! These beautiful Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Nests with Chocolate Eggs are as delicious as they are cute. Peanut butter chips, Rice Krispies, and Cadbury Eggs… what’s not to love?!
This is a post from years ago that we’ve updated to be even better. We took those chinese noodle nests every blogger posts about and made them our own by switching to rice krispy cereal and filling them with a peanut butter cream, much like fudge. We hope you love our peanut butter cream filled mini cadbury egg rice krispy nests as much as we do.
And we hope you try saying that name 5 times fast, because good mercy it’s a mouthful.
Now, let’s check out our blast from the past and what we had to say about these years and years ago…
A few days before Easter our daughter was really bored and so to pass the time I made up a little Easter treat for her to make. She had so much fun making these Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Nests. We made the nests by hand the first time, but now we form them in a muffin tin and then press down the centers to make them a little bit more uniform in size and shape. She was so proud of making them herself that we didn’t care if some of them were a little lopsided. I can’t believe how much joy can come from such a simple little activity. Plus, who doesn’t love a peanut butter rice krispy treat??
We filled these with a simple peanut butter cream for the cadbury mini eggs to be nestled into. We tried them with and without it and while I tend to like things simple and classic, this new version with the cream is FANTASTIC. I definitely wouldn’t skip it unless you absolutely have to.
- 1 Cup Karo Syrup
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- In a saucepan, cook the syrup and sugar until it begins to boil and go clear. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Pour over Krispies and mix thoroughly. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and quickly shape into nests. We like to spray a muffin tin and press them into the cups for easy shaping.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chips and cream. Heat, stirring occasionally for 30 second intervals until smooth. Fill each cup and gently press in chocolate eggs.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 2 days