Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread as a pumpkin bread mashup! Whenever you’ve got that last cup of pumpkin leftover and a few bananas ripening make pumpkin banana bread!
Also known as, yuuuuuuuuuummy! And this chocolate chip pumpkin banana bread recipe is actually not just for a delicious recipe but to solve an irritation of mine as well. I could be the only one with this problem, or haunting, whatever you’d like to call it, but I’m rolling with it. I’m sick to death of recipes (oh shoot, this one will create that problem hahahahaha!) that call for a certain amount of pumpkin and then I’m left with a tupperware in the fridge of leftovers. Can’t we start making three different can sizes or recipes that use an entire can? And again, I realize I didn’t think through this as I’m often left with an extra cup but if you’re just making this bread on your own you’re now going to have leftovers so I guess double this thing up and ding dong ditch the crazy neighbors, or normal ones if you please.
And speaking of hauntings, want to hear a funny story? A little while back I woke up in the middle of the night, or maybe I really was dreaming, but either way it felt real. So I’m laying there and look up towards the ceiling where I see this large, white figure staring down at me. No, I didn’t see a face, but it was clearly looking at me, then it suddenly zoomed down at me and that’s when I apparently screamed out.
I thought I was dreaming, but Cade says that for the first time ever I actually screamed out loud in my sleep. Oh, man! LOL! I’m laughing just thinking about it! It was so scary, but then for the rest of the day Cade would call, and make a little scream or suddenly blurt it out at dinner, etc. That stinker! I couldn’t help but laugh at myself as it was quite hilarious, but have you ever had that happen? CREEPY!!!
My girlfriend says she dreamed her husband (and they happen to be the sweetest, most adorable couple ever) left her for another woman, but one that was quite weird and not attractive. She was sick to her stomach all day about it. HaHAHA! We got such a good laugh about how much dreams can seem like the real deal. So what’s the craziest one you’ve ever had?
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 4 large eggs
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray 2 bread pans with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixer, add the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla, mix until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Add to the mixer with the pumpkin and bananas and mix to combine. Add the chocolate chips and divide between the two pans.
- Bake, laying foil over the pans after 50 minutes and baking for an additional 10 minutes for a total of 60 minutes.