Sonoran Hot Dog
Looking for something a little different?! This sonoran hot dog is delicious. Next time I’ll load up on more guac, fatter hot dogs and really just pile everything on there. Oh, and make a good pico de gallo, it brightened the whole entire dish up. So let’s break it down.
I first had this hot dog at a little hot dog stand and I’ve been totally sold on it ever since. It’s like the best of everything all piled on top of a hot, juicy hot dog. Definitely not your ordinary dog and this big guy will certainly be a winner at any party you decide to throw. Plus, it’s super easy and your guests can technically choose to build it any ol’ way they want to. Clearly the Sonoran Dog way is the best, but feel free to change things up a little.
Ok, so a sonoran has a juicy hot dog, pinto beans, cheese sauce (or cheese but I’ve only had it with sauce so I had to copycat it), guacamole, bacon, pico de gallo and cilantro cream or sour cream. Yeah she’s loaded! I know, it’s craziness but it is so darn good!
Sonoran Hot Dog
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 4 Buns
- 2 slices Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Pinto Beans
- ⅓ Cup Sour Cream
- juice of ½ lime
- salt to taste
- few leaves of cilantro
- Cheese sauce
- Pico De Gallo
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the pinto beans, stirring occasionally.
- In a blender, pulse the sour cream, lime juice, salt, and cilantro until smooth.
- Grill the hot dog, and toast the buns on the grill.
- Add the cheese sauce, pinto beans, guacamole, pico and bacon and drizzle the cilantro sauce. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!