Strawberry Milkshake Crepes
Cade here! You all asked to make it clear when it was me sharing a recipe so here I am, haha. Crepes have always been a Saturday tradition with our family. Our girls will make sure they are the first ones up so that we don’t sneak down and try making something other than crepes. Our 5 year old is really into food shows so she wanted to create a new version and strawberry milkshake crepes were born!
Make sure you enter our giveaway so you can start your own tradition with your family! Everyone needs a high quality crepe pan and Le Creuset’s is worth $110! Just head to instagram and follow @ohsweetbasil and @lecreuset then look for the image of a crepe pan and leave a comment!
We looooove Le Creuset and the girls all surprised me in January with a new crepe pan from them. It is perfect. A regular skillet can make it tricky to get a perfect crepe and often they stick.
This nonstick pan has a long, sturdy handle that makes swirling to get the batter over the entire pan so easy and it’s nonstick surface helps the crepe release with a beautiful golden color and absolutely no tears. Now I just need to get the stick so I don’t have to tilt the pan!
The girls love to help in any capacity and they especially make sure I make their crepes right, haha. It can’t get much better than this though, being around the kiddos, cooking up their favorite breakfast and watching them enjoy every minute of it.
Our oldest has especially taken to styling the photos. She did this one and we think she did pretty darn good. Who knew breakfast could help us bond and shape their talents?
These strawberry milkshake crepes hit the spot for us, stuffed fulled of berries and creme, ahhhhh, they were so good! We will be adding these to our Saturday tradition just to keep things mixed up a little. What are some of your Saturday breakfast traditions?
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons Strawberry Milk Mix (Nesquick works great)
- 2 cups flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Beat the cream until thickened, sprinkle in the powdered sugar and beat again until peaks begin to form when you lift the beaters.
- In another bowl, smash the berries and add the sugar, stir to combine. Set aside while the crepes cook. When you are reading for serving, fold the berries into the cream, including any juices.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and strawberry milk powder. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a little butter if desired. Pour ⅓ cup into the pan, or ¼ cup if your pan is smaller. Swirl the pan to coat the entire bottom and allow to cook until set. Gently flip and cook until lightly golden. Repeat until batter is gone. Serve with whipped cream and berries.