Dudes, this sauce with crunchy Panko chicken fingers, good mercy. It’s so good it’s seriously almost wrong. It’s not healthy, not even a little bit which is why the chicken fingers are baked. It kinda balances it out, right? No? Well whatever. Let’s break it down, panko chicken strips (never used Panko? You should! ) with a BBQ-Bacon-Cheddar dipping sauce that will blow your mind.
I’ll be completely honest, I am all about the juicy, cheesy, greasy foods at a Super Bowl party. I mean, clearly I love for there to be healthy options, I don’t want to feel nasty when it’s all over, but I do want to have something packed with cheese and bacon. This definitely fulfills every Super Bowl snacking need. Something crunchy, saucy, cheesy and bacon-y. And it comes together in a snap. Put it in a bowl, melt it, whisk it, dip it, bake it. Booyah, baby!!!
Oh, and don’t worry if you don’t think chicken strips are enough, there’s also Fajita Burgers, Tillamook Bacon Cheeseburger, and a Sonoran Dog. Gosh, I love all of those, and strangely enough the Sonoran the most.
- 9 Chicken Tenders
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ½ Teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 2 Oz Processed American Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- ⅓ Cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is awesome)
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-2 Slices of Bacon, chopped
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the panko in a shallow bowl and add the salt and pepper. Mix and then dip each chicken tender in the panko, pressing the crumbs to the meat.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until baked through.
- Combine the mayo, bbq sauce, chili powder, garlic powder and cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20 second increments and stir in between until smooth. Serve immediately with crumbled bacon on top.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.