Tuxedo Brownie Cups
Brownies stuffed with a creamy concoction and a big juicy strawberry on top. These tuxedo brownie cups are elegant and delicious!
These Tuxedo Brownie Cups are just what we needed to get us out of our dessert rut. We love brownies, fresh from the oven with a little bit of ice cream is the absolute best but lately we’ve just been getting a little over exposed to the whole brownie scene. It seems like every where you go there’s sure to be a brownie whether it’s church or a friend’s house for dinner. Can you really blame them? Brownies are delicious and they go with just about any occasion or meal so they are the perfect “go to” dessert when you’ve got a lot going on.
We wanted to mix it up a bit so we tried these Tuxedo Brownie Cups and I’m so glad we did! The cream cheese filling is absolutely divine, but really can you EVER go wrong with cream cheese? With just a hint of orange zest in the filling and a sweet little strawberry on top the whole bite comes to life in your mouth. So yum! You are supposed to make these Tuxedo Brownie Cups following the cake like brownies directions on the back of a brownie mix, but I have decided that next time I am just going to make brownies or even a chocolate cookie.
Tuxedo Brownie Cups
- 1 Package Fudge Brownie Mix (with a cake like recipe on the back plus ingredients to make it that way)
- 2 Squares (1 oz each) white chocolate for baking
- 2 Tb Milk
- 1 Pkg 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1 Pint Small strawberries sliced (raspberries etc are good too)
- Orange zest, mint or chocolate to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease mini muffin cups. Prepare brownie mix according to cake like directions. Using small scoop, fill cups ⅔ full. Bake 14 min or until edges are set. Do not overbake.
- Remove pan to cooling rack. Press tops of brownies with mini tart shaper to make indentations. Cool 15 min. Loosen edges and remove to cool completely.
- Microwave white chocolate and milk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Gradually stir in white chocolate until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Fill cups with cream cheese mixture. Arrange strawberries on top like tuxedo or just use them to garnish if you are in a hurry. Refrigerate 1-3 before serving.