Ok, the recipe I’ve posted for today is Waikiki meatballs. I saw a recipe on Allrecipes and decided to try my hand at it, and although in the picture I used the pineapple I’ve also used a can of mandarin oranges’ juice and just left out the fruit. Surprisingly enough I actually liked the mandarin version a little, tiny bit better, but both were super delicious.
The meatballs were super moist. Which I loved. I hate a dry, crumbly meatball but I’m not kiddin’ these were awesome!!
- 1½ Lbs Ground Beef
- ⅔ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Minced Onion
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1½ Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Can (15 oz) Pineapple Chunks or mandarin oranges, drained with juice reserved
- ⅓ Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ⅓ Cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Heat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, milk, ginger and salt. Only mix until just barely combined. I use my hands. Shape mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking pan and tent with foil.Place in the oven for 20 minutes, depending on meatball size. Just watch them and when all the pink is gone pull them out.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix until smooth, then pour into a skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes. Stir in the meatballs, green pepper, red pepper and pineapple chunks. Heat through.
Sunday- Honey Roasted Chicken
Monday- Won Ton Chicken Salad- (use leftover roasted chicken)
Tuesday- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Thursday- Pot Stickers
Friday- Upside Down Pizza (use leftover italian sausage from the Zuppa)
Saturday- Simple Turkey Tacos
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.