White Chocolate Blueberry Pancakes
The Best Blueberry White Chocolate Pancakes
Author: oh sweet basil
Serves: 8-10 Pancakes
Blueberry white chocolate chip pancakes
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Start by adding the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a bowl and whisking to combine.
- In two bowls, separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. In the other bowl whisk the egg yolks until light in color, add the butter, whisk and finally add the buttermilk and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg yolk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon, leaving streaks of flour remaining. Fold in the egg whites and gently fold in the blueberries and white chocolate chips being careful not to over mix.
- Butter a griddle over medium heat and add ½ cup-1 cup sized scoops. Allow to cook until the bottom begins to turn golden and bubbles just start to form. Flip and cook until set on the other side. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1-2 pancakes
All week long we try really hard to eat healthy for every meal and avoid late night snacking (sometimes that’s really, really hard!). It’s not actually about weight, but we have noticed just what a huge difference healthy eating makes in our lives. We truly feel so much better and we function 100 times better with a healthy diet. And then Saturday comes. Pretty much everything goes out the window and all we care about is a dang good breakfast. We love these berries n cream crepes that are seriously to die for as well as pretty much anything covered in our best buttermilk syrup recipe, but lately we’ve really had a hankering for pancakes. After a ridiculous amount of testing we’ve finally come up with the number 1, best white chocolate blueberry pancakes recipe. Like, ever. Plus these ones have white chocolate chips and blueberries. 🙂 Have you ever had white chocolate chips in your pancakes? I grew up on chocolate chips in my pancakes but white chocolate are quickly becoming my favorite because they are so creamy and light. It’s like a sweet little nugget of deliciousness in there. Especially with those juicy, sweet blueberries. I actually never really make blueberry pancakes, but these were so wonderful I might have to make it a weekly tradition. Like, starting this week. When Cade and I were first married I actually had to convince the poor guy to just TRY one little chocolate chip pancake. He was totally against the idea. As I wasn’t really a pancake fan at the time I knew he needed to eat his share or I’d be eating them for a week. He sat down and informed me one more time that it was going to be like eating a cookie for breakfast which he did not eat treats at the time so it was a big deal. And then he ate an entire stack and has never had another pancake without chips in it. EVER. I’ve tried doing plain and he will literally go add his own. So either I educated him or I ruined him. 🙂 Anyway, on to more important things. I had the opportunity to head out to California with Dole and be a sous chef for one of the finalist in the cookoff. Dudes! It was such a blast!! I was a hot and sweaty mess by the end of it, but it was awesome!!!! The finalists were such amazing people and cooks, and I had the privilege of being paired with Barbara who made these amazing crostinis with goat cheese, shrimp, tropical grilled fruit and the best white balsamic honey sauce EVER. She didn’t end up winning the $25,000, but to be totally honest, I think it was secretly incredibly close as all the recipes turned out perfect. And did you even know they did such a thing? Friends, enter next year!!!! You could walk away with one big check!!! And the event was seriously so well organized. I’m so impressed with how far out of their way Dole went to make sure everyone had everything they needed and felt appreciated and cared for. And it was so fun to watch Chef Ben Ford (you may know his dad, Harrison) cook up a storm and then judge the recipes. I know, I’m going on and on, but it really was such a thrill and I’m crossing my fingers to do something like this again. Keep checking Dole’s cookoff site for the finalists and their info!