Ive never had troubles losing weight until after my 3rd baby. GAH! It was so hard! After I had him, my weight was not coming off. I stayed at the same weight for months. How many of you turn to food when you get depressed? Yep! I turned towards food, and it made me feel good about myself. Then the next day I would be disappointed with myself and asking myself “why in the world did I eat so much food?” I would just want to eat anything in sight. It was a very hard to go through at the time.
I started with Jillian Michaels home workout program, 30 days to shred. I felt like I was going to die, haha! 3 months after I had my baby I needed to get foot surgery done. I couldn’t do anything for 2 months because I was in a huge purple cast and walking boot. It was hard! When I got my cast off my foot was like jello. I had to wait another 3-4 weeks to do any sort of workout. By this time I had lost some of my weight but still had 10-15lbs to go. Once I got the clear to jump on my foot I started a workout program called Insanity. Insanity is a Beachbody home workout program that is intense; I LOVED it! That’s when I became committed to get my weight OFF. It needed to come off because it was bringing me down. Being depressed all the time made it hard for me to feel like a good mom and wife. I would feel sorry for myself, thinking I wasn’t good enough for my husband. So I was just down-right sick of it! Insanity helped me to get down to my goal weight and than I wanted MORE. So I started another Beachbody workout program called Asylum vol 1 and vol 2. I was feeling GREAT! I was starting to gain some of my confidence back and started feeling like my old self; happy, healthy and full of energy.
This year in April 2014 I became a Beachbody coach. I wanted to give back to Beachbody because they helped me to get “myself” back. Right now I have more confidence than I have ever had. For me, the Insanity program was just the beginning. In October I will be 29 years old, and I can say I am in the best shape of my life. I LOVE IT! I love being that mom that works out and her kids want to workout with her. I love being that wife that talks to her husband about new workout routines and moves. I love being that woman that has helped other women gain the same confidence I have gained. Throughout my fitness journey I have learned 5 things that helped me lose my weight and I want to share with you what they are.
1. Believe in yourself. Believe that you can do this, that you are worth everything and deserve to be happy. Don’t let your mind think that you cant do it because you CAN do it.
2. Write down your WHY… Why are you wanting this for yourself? Why do you want to workout? Why do you want to be healthy and fit? Why… Why… Why…That why is going to keep you going.
3. Make a plan… Have a workout plan that you get excited about doing. If you’re not having fun working out than you’re going to get bored and its going to be easier for you to quit. Prepare your meals and snacks and know what you are going to be eating a head of time; this will help prevent you from wanting to grab something quick and easy (fast food).
4. 21 days creates a habit. Don’t give up after the first week if you’re not seeing results. Keep going, give it at least 21 days before you change your routine. Your body needs to get use to the new routine and clean eating that you are doing. If you’re not seeing results after 21 days start writing down what you are eating. Writing it down will help you see WHAT you are eating and if you’re eating too much.
5. Personal Development- Our minds are so strong at telling us we CAN’T do something. Reading personal development or uplifting things will help us grow and help us train our minds that we CAN DO THIS. That we are WORTH this. There are so many awesome books out there so go out and start reading one.
I want you all to know that you are worth it! You can do it! Its not easy, I know this I have gone through it myself. I am here for you! It always helps when you have someone that has felt or is feeling the same way you are to be there for each other. To lift each other up when your down. YOU GOT THIS!
You can contact me at:
Email- [email protected]