I’m so excited to introduce a new fitness contributor here on Oh, Sweet Basil! Crystal is so fun and cute and more importantly her passion is to live the best life she can and help others achieve the same which is exactly what we love about her. She would love to help any of you get in shape or reach higher fitness goals so please refer to her social media and email at the bottom of the page if you’d like to ask her questions or even have her as your coach. Here’s to her first post on 5 ways to get motivated to workout and many more!!
My name is Crystal Smith, I am a wife, a mom of 3, a health and fitness coach and obsessed with working out and eating clean. I started my fitness journey after I had my 3rd baby 2 years ago and fell in love with how amazing I was feeling, so I kept going. I love working out and it’s my “ME TIME”. It helps me to be a better wife, mom and I want to show my kids how important it is to take care of our bodies. I am so glad that Carrian has asked me to be apart of her blog so I can share and help you all make fitness and health part of your lives.
When I first started getting into my health and fitness it was hard to get motivated. I would think, “what would help me get motivated? What would help make me want to workout?” So I came up with these 5 ways to get me motivated. They have helped me then and continue to help me now. I hope that these 5 ways to get motivated to workout can help you as they have helped me.
1. Cute workout clothes/shoes/ accessories– Start your workouts with a cute outfit. You don’t have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on a new workout wardrobe. Go buy a couple tops and favorite bottoms at your favorite clothing store. You like looking cute in normal day clothes because they help you feel good, so go get some cute workout clothes so you feel good while you workout. You also want to make sure you have a good pair of shoes. You want to be comfortable while working out. A lot of girls like head bands so their hair is out of their faces and guys may like sweat bands.
2. Set a goal– Have a goal, for what you want to look like. Find a picture for motivation and place it somewhere you look everyday. You also want to have an exercise goal, what workouts are you going to do? How many days a week do you want to work out? What time is best for your workout? Make sure your goal is realistic, if you need to start out slow than start out slow but make your goal to what you think you can do so its easier not to quit.
3. Pros vs Cons- Write down beforehand WHY you are working out. WHY you are doing this for YOU? You will be surprised that your pros will out weigh the cons. Pros are always positive which will give you good results. Cons will bring you down and will give you poor results. When you feel like giving up you can always go back and look at the pros vs cons.
4. A good playlist– I love having a good play list it gets me pumped up for my workout and continues to give me a pump throughout my workout. If you get bored of the same stuff download some new stuff. Always try to have a good variety of songs on your iPod, phone, or what ever device you may use. Oh and don’t forget to charge the device because having it putter out on you 10 minutes into the workout stinks!
5. Track progress– Track your progress with before and after pictures, journals, blogs, marking reps on calendars, Facebook pages, or Instagram accounts. Its awesome to always go back and look at your pictures and re-read your journals of how far you have come. Its a lot of work to get the physique you’re shooting for so track it and be proud of it.
Remember it has been a process to get where you are today so it is going to be a process to get where you want to be with your health and fitness goals. Take one step at a time so you never get over whelmed and feel like giving up. I love to answer any questions you may have about health and fitness. I also want to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. You can contact me on my personal links are below.
Want to get in touch with Crystal? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Instagram: @furiouslyfit18 Facebook: www.facebook.com/furiouslyfit