I really didn’t think that this would be anything special, but it was seriously so yummy! The apple wasn’t at all annoying in it which sometimes can happen with fruit in pancakes. Do you know what I mean? Like you make some pancakes and throw in something and either you can hardly tell it’s there or it’s just weird. These Apple Cinnamon Pancakes were warm and delicious. The spice was just enough and the apples were soft and perfect. Enjoy!!
Can Pancake Batter Be Made The Night Before?
You can make pancake batter ahead of time.
Mix it up, put it in a container with a tight fitting lid.
Baking powder may lose some of its potency over night, so you may want to sprinkle a little baking powder into the batter and give it a quick stir before cooking.
Are Apples Good For Your Heath?
Apples are extremely high in antioxidants and dietary fiber.
Apples may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Can Pancakes Be Reheated?
To reheat, stack pancakes separated with paper towels, on a microwave safe plate.
Microwave on high for 1 ½ – 2 minutes or until pancakes are heated through.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1-2 Tablespoons Sugar (I just sprinkled it, but it was around 1 1/2 Tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Heat the apple cinnamon mixture in the microwave at 30 second intervals until slightly soft.
- Whisk together the the dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Gently stir in the dry ingredients leaving the batter slightly lumpy.
- Add the apple mixture.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and spray with non stick spray.
- Ladle batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles form on the top.
- Turn and cook on the other side until done.
- Serve with fresh apple slices and maple or cinnamon syrup.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1654 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 281.3mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 274.8g Fiber: 11.9g Sugar: 75.3g Protein: 48.7g