I’ve been wanting to try The Pioneer Woman’s Baked Lemon Pasta for a while now and I thought that there is no time better than the first of summer to give it a go. We thought it was actually pretty yummy! I think it’s a quick and easy dish to have during the summer. You aren’t slaving over the oven all day, but it still comes out delicious. We did go ahead and add some chicken to ours just so that we could have a little protein with the meal, but you can do it either way.
Recipe by The Pioneer Woman
How Do You Tell If Pasta Is Done?
The only way to know if pasta is done, is to taste it.
Pasta should be cooked to el dente, or firm to the taste.
If your pasta sticks to the wall, it is way over cooked!
Is Thin Spaghetti and Angel Hair Pasta The Same?
Thin pasta is slightly thicker than angel hair pasta.
Thin spaghetti and angel hair pasta can be used interchangeably.
Can You Substitute Plain Yogurt For Sour Cream?
Yes, yogurt can be substituted for sour cream.
You can use regular plain yogurt, but it is much thinner than sour cream.
The yogurt closest in texture and flavor to regular sour cream is whole-milk Greek yogurt.
Baked Lemon Pasta
Baked Lemon Pasta
- 1 pound Thin Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 whole Lemon Juiced And Zested
- 2 cups Sour Cream We used Plain Low Fat Yogurt
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt Or More To Taste
- Plenty Of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Flat-leaf Parsley Chopped
- Extra Lemon Juice We added One Boneless Skinless Chicken breast cooked and sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- In a skillet, melt butter with olive oil over LOW HEAT.
- When butter is melted, add minced garlic.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the pan.
- Turn off heat.
- Add sour cream and stir mixture together.
- Add lemon zest and salt. Taste, then add more salt if necessary.
- Pour mixture over drained spaghetti and stir together, then pour spaghetti into an oven safe dish.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. (Don’t bake too long or the pasta will dry out.)
- When you remove it from the oven, squeeze a little more lemon juice over the top. Top generously with Parmesan cheese, then chopped parsley.
- Give it a final squeeze of lemon juice at the end.