How Long Can Potato Salad Be Out Of The Refrigerator?
Potato salad should not be left out or the refrigerator for more than 2 hours.
Potato salad will keep for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can You Make Potato Salad From Baked Potatoes?
Yes, you can use baked potatoes to make potato salad.
Bake the potatoes, let them cool and then peel and cut the potatoes and add to other ingredients.
Will Potato Salad Freeze?
You can freeze potato salad, however, thawing it is tricky.
Potato salad easily becomes mushy and separated when thawing.
It is better to just freeze the potatoes and add the dressing after thawing the potatoes.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 8-10 Red potatoes
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Mayonaiise
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter, cooled
- 2 Stalks (or more) green onions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 Lb Bacon, plus more for garnish
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel your potatoes, rinse clean and chop into 1" pieces.
- Fill a pot with water and heat to medium high heat.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and allow to cool completely.
- Cook the bacon on a baking sheet at 400 for 15-20 min depending on thickness of bacon.
- Chop into pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayo, and butter.
- In a large bowl, fold together the dressing, potatoes, green onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste* see note
Sometimes we like to leave the peels on our potatoes for extra vitamins and flavor.Potatoes need quite a bit of salt so season, taste and repeat until flavored correctly.
Serving Size:1 large bowl
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4342 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 520.5mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 363.1g Fiber: 39.3g Sugar: 36.5g Protein: 128.5g