Spring is officially here! And I hope that you’ve had a little taste of spring weather where you are. I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and today I’m back with a fun little spring dessert. Even here in Florida, this past winter was cold. I think it is safe to say that we are all ready for some warm spring sunshine. My rose bushes are blooming, I just finished planting my spring garden and I can finally open the windows to enjoy the fresh spring air. Spring has always been my favorite season for many reasons – colorful flowers, pretty dresses and fun spring treats abound.
Banana Coconut Cream Bites are the perfect dessert to serve at a bridal shower, baby shower, or luncheon. And with Easter and Mother’s Day coming up, they will work great as a post-brunch treat. Take the stress out of entertaining with these simple yet impressive little dessert bites. As yet another no-bake recipe, these bites are easy to put together and require only a few ingredients. The simple flavors of the banana, coconut, chocolate and cream combine to create a tasty little treat. Since they are bite-sized, you can enjoy one without over indulging. Although, I have to admit that I never eat just one!
I garnished the banana coconut cream bites with gorgeous chocolate covered almonds. Feel free to garnish them with chocolate eggs, or you can even use any leftover melted chocolate to drizzle over the top. With the chocolate eggs, they look like little birds nests and are perfect for the spring season.
Is Coconut a Fruit?
Coconut can be classified as a fruit, a nut, and a seed.
Is Coconut Good For You?
Coconut flesh is highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals.
What Are The Nutrients In Bananas?
Bananas are high in potassium and pectin, a form of fiber.
They can also be a good way to get magnesium and vitamins C and B6.
Banana Coconut Cream Bites
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Banana Coconut Cream Bites
- 15 mini phyllo shells
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 medium banana
- chocolate eggs for garnish
- Place the shredded coconut in a small skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the flakes are golden brown.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Dip the tops of each phyllo shell into the melted chocolate.
- Place the dipped phyllo shells in the fridge to cool completely.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form.
- Beat in powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Dice banana into small pieces.
- To assemble, divide banana evenly among dipped shells, top each with a small spoonful of whipped cream.
- Divide toasted coconut evenly among shells and garnish with chocolate egg, or extra chocolate drizzle as desired.
- Serve immediately.
*I buy the frozen fully baked phyllo shells. They are ready to serve and available at most grocery stores.
Need more Spring Desserts?
Connect with Ashley: