Are Bananas Good For You?
Bananas are a good source of healthy nutrients.
Bananas are high in potassium and contain good levels of protein and dietary fiber.
Can Bananas Be Frozen?
You can slice bananas and freeze to be used in smoothies or even to be eaten as a frozen snack.
You can also mash bananas and freeze in airtight containers or freezer bags to be used later in cakes, cookies or breads.
How Do You Keep Bananas From Ripening Too Quickly?
Once bananas have reached desired ripeness, you can place them in the refrigerator.
The peel will turn black, but the banana will maintain its perfect ripeness for a longer period of time.
You can also wrap the stems of bananas in plastic wrap to slow the ripening process.
Banana Crumb Cake
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Banana Crumb Cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 stick margarine 1/2 Cup
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick Margarine 1/2 c
- 1 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 1 cup flour self rising or plain, whatever you have on hand
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Place peeled bananas in mixing bowl, add sugar.
- Mix until bananas are liquefied.
- Add margarine, mix until creamed together with banana mixture.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well.
- In medium bowl, place all topping ingredients.
- Cut together with a long tined fork or pastry cutter until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 of batter into pan, top with 1/4 crumb mixture.
- Pour remaining batter over and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350. (ours was exactly 49 minutes)
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.