Are Bananas Good For You?
Bananas are a good source of healthy nutrients.
Bananas are high in potassium and contain good levels of protein and dietary fiber.
Can Bananas Be Frozen?
You can slice bananas and freeze to be used in smoothies or even to be eaten as a frozen snack.
You can also mash bananas and freeze in airtight containers or freezer bags to be used later in cakes, cookies or breads.
How Do You Keep Bananas From Ripening Too Quickly?
Once bananas have reached desired ripeness, you can place them in the refrigerator.
The peel will turn black, but the banana will maintain its perfect ripeness for a longer period of time.
You can also wrap the stems of bananas in plastic wrap to slow the ripening process.
Banana Crumb Cake
Banana Crumb Cake
For the Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick margarine, 1/2 Cup
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick margarine, 1/2 c
- 1 cup brown sugar, dark or light
- 1 cup flour, self rising or plain, whatever you have on hand
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Place peeled bananas in mixing bowl, add sugar.
- Mix until bananas are liquefied.
- Add margarine, mix until creamed together with banana mixture.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well.
- In medium bowl, place all topping ingredients.
- Cut together with a long tined fork or pastry cutter until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 of batter into pan, top with 1/4 crumb mixture.
- Pour remaining batter over and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350. (ours was exactly 49 minutes)
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Step 1 conflicts with step 4. Was this originally two loaves? If yes, then for do you mean fill with half of the batter, then half of the crumb?
Oh, thank you! Yes, and then we decided we liked it better in a cake pan. Fixed it!
Banana cake rocks! I have never meet anyone who doesnt like it. Or maybe I just choose not to be friends with them!!! lol
Cade's response makes me giggle – reminds me of Grumpy. I love banana anything! Your crumb cake looks delish. 🙂
oh yummy! we have so many bananas that we need to use up, this looks like the perfect thing!
Hi there! Came across your blog via Tasty Kitchen and thought I'd look around a bit. 🙂 This look fabulous!
I have a serious addiction to all things banana related!! YUM
I love banana! This sounds great!
Easy & yummy cake.
My indigo would just love this, and so easy too.