You guys, I love the topping on coffee cake, especially on this Blackberry Coffee Cake. So, I put it in the middle too. Yup, delicious!
Don’t forget to take the survey up on the right. And, if you missed the weekly menu check yesterday’s post.
Does Coffee Cake Contain Coffee?
Coffee cake is a moist, tender cake that is usually topped with streusel.
A coffee cake might have coffee in it, but the name comes from the fact that it is served with coffee, not because it has coffee in it.
How Long Will Coffee Cake Keep?
Coffee cake will keep for about 2 days at room temperature.
To maintain moisture and freshness, coffee cake should be covered tightly with foil or plastic wrap.
Will Blackberry Seeds Hurt You?
The center and seeds of blackberries can be bitter to some.
But, it is perfectly safe to eat the whole blackberry, including the seeds.
The seeds add beneficial dietary fiber.
Blackberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup blackberries
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugars, eggs, milk and oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until the batter just comes together.
- In a small bowl mix together the topping.
- Pour HALF the cake batter into an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Top with HALF of the topping mixture and then add the rest of the batter on top of that.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping over the batter and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3762 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 563.9mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 465g Fiber: 21.3g Sugar: 189g Protein: 52.5g