Hi everyone! It’s Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor! I’m back this month with another sweet summer treat. Summer is my favorite season for so many reasons. Of course I love the warm weather, beach and travel. But I also love it because berry season lasts all summer long. Fresh berries are plentiful and I love adding them to everything, from salads and appetizers to sandwiches and dessert. Right now is the perfect time to pick fresh blueberries. Blueberries are healthy and full of flavor. Try adding them to your favorite dish, including this Blueberry Mascarpone Tart.
Blueberry Mascarpone Tart is a relatively simple dessert that is an impressive treat. A simple cookie crust with a hint of lemon zest is layered with creamy mascarpone cream. I love the combination of lemon and blueberries. And I find that the lemon flavor really shines when you add fresh lemon zest to the cookie crust.
Have you ever tried mascarpone cream? Mascarpone cream and crème fraiche are two of my favorite creams to use to create a light and creamy dessert. Mascarpone cream is incredibly smooth and decadent. It pairs well with fruit desserts because of its sweet and creamy consistency. It is also the perfect complement to the cream cheese in this recipe and helps yield a more smooth and creamy filling.
Go ahead, use some of your freshly picked blueberries and make this decadent and impressive Blueberry Mascarpone Tart. And don’t be afraid to add plenty of blueberries!
Are Blueberries Nutritious?
Blueberries are full of antioxidants and vitamins, and are the perfect choice for a healthy snack or making a dish come alive.
Blueberries contain fiber, folate, vitamin C, magnesium, and several other essential nutrients.
What is Mascarpone?
Mascarpone is made from whole cream and citric or tartaric acid (to thicken the cream).
It has a rich, buttery flavor, and can be used in savoury and sweet dishes.
How Long Will Mascarpone Keep?
Mascarpone should be kept in the refrigerator.
Once opened it should be consumed within 3 – 4 days.
It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Blueberry Mascarpone Tart
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Blueberry Mascarpone Tart
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest from one lemon
For the mascarpone filling:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream heavy
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
To make the crust,
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, flour, butter, salt and lemon zest in a food processor.
- Process until mixture forms a ball.
- Press the dough into a 4 1/2 x 14-inch rectangular tart pan with removable bottom*, pressing the dough into the edges of the pan.
- Chill the lined tart pan in the fridge for 15 minutes
- then bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very light browned.
- Set aside to cool.
To make the mascarpone filling,
- in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks begin to form.
- Add sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Switch to the paddle attachment, add mascarpone and beat on medium-low speed until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into baked tart shell.
- Top with blueberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Are you looking for more fresh blueberry recipe ideas?
Connect with Ashley: