I love when the hubby comes up with his own little creations, Southwestern Soup. They are almost always so delicious. Haha, sorry babe, but we all have a few mess ups at some point. This one was definitely one of the good ones. I never knew I would love the rice in it, but it actually was so yummy!! I watched him make it too and it was really just a bunch of dumping things in which is exactly what makes soup so wonderful!
Can You Use Quinoa In Place Of Rice In Soup?
Quinoa is a great substitute for rice.
Quinoa cooks up great in soups, casseroles, and other dishes.
What Could You Use In Place Of Stewed Tomatoes?
You can use diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, or pureed tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes.
Is Sweet Corn Nutritious?
Sweet corn is a whole grain, and it has plenty of nutrients.
Sweet corn is a good source of fiber and it contains protein and nearly 10% of recommended daily Vitamin C.
Recipe By Cade
- 1 Can Stewed Tomatoes with juice
- 1 Can Black beans drained
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- 2 Chicken Breasts cooked with salt and pepper and chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe follows
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 15 Oz Can Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 3 Cups Rice
- 3 Cups Water
- 4 Teaspoons Chicken Bouillon
- 4 Teaspoons Garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro chopped
- 1 Can Green Chiles
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Onion chopped
For the Soup
- Add everything to the slow cooker or large pot and simmer for 1 hour.
- Bring water to a boil and add all the ingredients and cook until done, usually about 20 minutes.