I hate to mention candy cane because it’s totally not. This candy cane white chocolate cheesecake dip is actually made with candy bars and it’s amazing!
I’m not sure how I ever survived a childhood without dessert dips like this one. I still need to think up a few more to hit other holidays, but this Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip is perfect for Christmas and New Year’s Eve parties. Last year we took it to a party with our friends and my goodness, we all couldn’t stop eating it.
Do you remember the first time the magic of Christmas started to slip away from you? I mean, the older you get the more it does, but then you hit a point where you officially experience the holiday instead of the magic. That was me last year and I’m kind of desperate for your advice this year.
- What do you do to keep the magic of Christmas as an adult?
I know that seeing Christmas through the eyes of your children totally helps, but I seem to need a little more. Maybe what I need to is just to let myself get silly and excited alongside them, do more Christmas things and make more fun for a few weeks.
As you know, we aren’t really into neighbor gifts and crazy exhausting plans, but I’m thinking we need to kick things up a notch. Ya know, my mom took us girls to the Nutcracker every year but man, the Nutcracker here in Utah is expensive! I need to do some googling!
Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
In the meantime, I’ve realized that part of lacking the Christmas spirit is that in an effort to not eat a ton of junk I’ve missed out on the traditional goodies my family made as a kid and therefore the memories associate with those foods. Since this realization I’ve decided to make a grand effort this year to make fun goodies, snacks and meals that scream Christmas, but share them with friends and neighbors so we can still feel good about ourselves by January.
It’s a constant process figuring out what we can’t live without and this candy cane white chocolate cheesecake dip is for sure a winner.
You only need a few special ingredients, the most important one being the Candy Cane White Chocolate Bars from Hershey.
How to Make Homemade Cheesecake Dip
Mix together softened cream cheese, melted white chocolate, marshmallow fluff to lighten things up and take the edge off of all that cream cheese. Don’t even worry about any extracts, they aren’t necessary. The broken up bits of candy bar will give plenty of flavor for this creamy, dreamy dip.
You’ll have clumps if you didn’t use softened cream cheese so just make sure you either let the cream cheese sit out for a half hour or fill a bowl with warm water and let it soak in it’s foil to quickly soften it.
What to Serve with Cheesecake Dip?
Because of the hint of peppermint in the dip you’ll want to choose things that go well with that.
- Graham Crackers
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Molasses Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Nilla Wafers
How Long Does Cheesecake Dip Last?
Cheesecake dip has a pretty dang awesome shelf life if stored properly.
- How to store Cheesecake Dip
Cheesecake dip should be covered well with plastic wrap in its bowl, or stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
- How Long Does Cheesecake Dip Last?
Once stored properly the cheesecake dip will last for approximately 5 days in the refrigerator. The bacteria in cream cheese makes it great to last a while, but after this point you really should discard it.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake Dip?
You might be surprised to hear this, but you can totally freeze cheesecake dip!!
- How to Freeze Cheesecake Dip
- Mix your cheesecake dip as normal.
- Scoop the cheesecake dip onto a double layer of plastic wrap keeping it stacked high so you can wrap it up without any open spaces.
- Wrap the cheesecake dip completely in the plastic, sealing completely.
- Place the disc of dip into a plastic bag, zipping to seal it closed with little air remaining.
- Freeze for up to 1 month.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Candy Cane White Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- 16 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 16 Ounces Marshmallow Fluff
- 8 ounces Chocolate White, Baking Bars
- 3 Candy bars Large [Hershey's White Chocolate Candy Cane Bars]
Hershey's White Chocolate Candy Cane Bars
- Graham Crackers for serving
- Gingerbread men for serving
- Chop the candy bars into small bits. Set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan 1/3 full of water. Heat to a simmer.
- Place a glass bowl on the pot, not allowing the water to touch the bottom of the bowl. Add the white chocolate in pieces.
- Melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the marshmallow fluff and beat again.
- Pour in the white chocolate with the beaters on low and mix until incorporated.
- Switch to a spatula and fold in the candy bar pieces, reserving a few as a garnish for the top.
- Serve with graham crackers or gingerbread men.