I know!! I can’t believe I’m posting this recipe either! I don’t know what to tell you other than it happened, it was delicious and now you’ll enjoy it too. And in case you needed to know, this is what happens when you take an 8 year old shopping with you. Her big, blue eyes locked onto those white chocolate candy corn candy bars and her brilliant little mind went immediately to our cookies and cream brownies and that is how candy corn blondies were born.
AND!!! Guess what?! I did this way awesome video with the cuties over at My Mommy Style so make sure you subscribe and check it out!!
I wish I had her vision though. I gagged a little at the thought of candy corn in a blonde brownie, but it works. I have no idea why, but it blasted works. That white chocolate is melty and the brownie is buttery which is never a bad thing.
We really need to work on giving our kids much more credit than we do. They have so many interesting and fun ideas, but our old minds get so stuck in our ways that we miss out on fun opportunities. Gosh, heaven knows I could get down on the floor and play barbies or some crazy game far more than I do, but I don’t put my imagination to use enough. Well, the little one won on this one which means that I’ve decided to let her experiment far more than I do and to get silly myself more. Who knows what will pop up here next!
Will Candy Corn Melt?
You can actually melt candy corn to use it in recipes.
Heat in microwave for 1 minute, stir and then continue heating and stirring at 15 second intervals until smooth.
What Are Blondies?
A blondie is a sweet bar dessert that resembles a traditional chocolate brownie.
Blondies are made with much the same ingredients as chocolate brownies except they have brown sugar and vanilla instead of cocoa.
Can Blondies Be Frozen?
Store blondies covered in an airtight container up to 3 days at room temperature or up to a week in the fridge.
You can also freeze up to 3 months.
Candy Corn Blondies
Candy Corn Blondies
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 Cup Butter, melted
- 1 Bag White Chocolate Candy Corn Candy Bars by Hershey's
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray an 8x9" baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix, evaporated milk and butter.
- Batter should be very thick.
- Press half of the batter into the dish and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Line the candy bars on the brownie.
- Next, press pieces of the remaining dough into the palm of your hand and then lay flat on top of the candy bars.
- Repeat until all of the chocolate is covered.
- Bake for an additional 16 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow to cool.