It’s technically 3 ingredients, I guess, but none of them really are ingredients to us. I mean golden oreos, did you know I loooove golden oreos? Cade thinks it’s a waste if it isn’t the regular oreos, but you dip them in something and he’s totally game. So carrot cake Hershey’s kisses, I found them at Target and Walmart, golden oreos and candy melts. That’s all you need to make carrot cake oreos!
I have this thing about dipping oreos and I really need to post more of our creations because it’s such an easy dessert but people ALWAYS go nuts for them. It’s a great reminder that there’s no reason to stress over elaborate recipes because often the simple stuff is what everyone craves anyway. And wouldn’t these be so cute displayed on platters for a garden party or Relief Society activity?
My sister had stopped by for lunch one day and I was making these. I thought it would be such a hassle to decorate them but once she left I went for it. For convenience I just used orange and green candy melts (found at Walmart in the cake decorating section) and ziploc bags. I just melted the “chocolate”, poured into bags which I sealed and snipped off the tiniest bit of one corner. The girls helped me and they were literally the fastest decoration ever.
Are Candy Melts Vegetarian?
Candy melts are made from sugar, vegetable oil, milk solids, and various flavorings and colorings.
Candy melts are suitable for vegetarians.
Carrot Cake Oreos
- 1 Package Golden Oreos
- 2 Packages Carrot Cake Hershey's Kisses (found at Walmart and Target)
- 1/3 Cup Orange Candy Melts
- 1/4 Cup Green Candy Melts
- In a large glass measuring cup, melt the kisses at 30 second intervals, stirring between.
- Using a fork, lower a cookie into the candy and flip over to coat both sides.
- Gently lift with the fork, tapping gently on the side of the glass to shake off excess and lay on parchment or a silpat to dry.
- Repeat with all cookies.
- Meanwhile, melt the orange candy melts and pour into a ziploc.
- Seal and snip off a tiny bit of one corner, creating your own piping bag.
- Repeat with the green in a separate bag.
- Zig zag a carrot onto each cookie then drizzle the green as the stem.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 271 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 39.9g Fiber: 1.8g Sugar: 21g Protein: 3.1g