Casper’s Cocoa Mix is the perfect way to warm up after a night of trick or treating and makes a great party favor too!
Hey guys! It’s been a while, it’s Rebecca from Sugar & Soul which was formerly Living Better Together. It’s been a busy few weeks, as you can see I rebranded my blog and I also left my day job to pursue blogging full time. It’s been a very exciting/scary/stressful/rewarding few weeks, but I think I’m finally finding a rythym in self employment. Yay!
The last time I was here we were soaking up the last few days of summer and making this super cute Meringue Ice Cream Cones and somehow in what seems like the blink of an eye, we’re getting ready for Halloween. Crazy, right?
Fall is officially here and that means it’s COCOA SEASON!!! This from scratch cocoa mix makes a hot mug of rich and creamy goodness that just can’t be beat! You can package it up all cute for Halloween making it a great party favor or gift for friends to use after a chilly night out trick or treating.
Will Cocoa Powder Go Bad?
Cocoa powder doesn’t spoil for a very long time.
It will eventually lose its rich flavor and will no longer flavor your baked goods in quite the same way.
When properly stored, unopened cocoa powder will have a shelf life of two to three years past the printed expiration date.
How Long Can You Keep Whipped Cream?
Homemade whipped cream will last 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
It can be frozen for 2-3 months.
Casper’s Cocoa Mix
Casper's Cocoa Mix
- 1/4 cup Powdered Milk
- 1/4 cup Nesquik
- 2 tbsp Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding Mix, dry
- 2 tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Powdered Creamer
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- Whipped Cream
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Halloween Peeps
- Mix together powdered milk, Nesquik, pudding mix, sugar, cocoa, and creamer in a small bowl.
To package up:
- Transfer to a mason jar, add a layer of Halloween sprinkles and then the peeps, seal tight and use within 30 days.
- Whisk together milk and all of the powder mix in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Pour into 4 mugs and serve with whipped cream topped with sprinkles and peeps.
You might also enjoy:
Connect with Rebecca: