Ya know how around this time of year it’s all about football and Pinterest becomes totally flooded with amazing Football Food like those Ham and Cheese sliders, or Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders? Well it’s time to bring in another favorite that is all kinds of amazing and I’m pretty sure you need to devour for the next big game. Cheesy chicken melts are all the rage and your not cool unless you try them.
No, really, they are that good. These babies are made using a creamy, cheesy chicken mixture just like what your mom used to put in Chicken Pillows so that’s kind of cool and then the sauce is that buttery honey mustard sauce that everyone loves so it’s picture perfect.
And mouth watering. And full of calories so probably go ahead and serve with fresh fruits and vegetables so you can feel better about yourself. Heaven knows that kind of balances junk food out, right? No? Still worth it.
Can You Cook Chicken From Frozen?
You can safely cook your frozen chicken, as long as you follow a general guideline.
You will need to increase your cooking time by 50%.
Does Honey Mustard Need to Be Refrigerated?
Dijon and horseradish-based mustards should be refrigerated, but others are OK to leave out if you prefer them at room temperature.
Cheesy Chicken Melts
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Cheesy Chicken Melts
For the Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 Teaspoons Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 3 Cups Rotisserie Chicken shredded
For the Filling
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Package Hamburger Buns or Potato Buns
For the Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Honey Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 Cup Butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken breasts with seasoning and bake for 20-30 minutes then shred the meat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the chicken, cheese and seasoning and stir until evenly combined.
- Open each bun and spoon a hearty amount of filling on the bottom half and top with the lid Place all of the sandwiches in a baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey mustard, honey, butter and poppy seeds.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the buns and cover with foil, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 2 minutes then quickly pour over the remaining sauce and serve immediately.