I love dipping garlic bread in the sauce that oozes out of lasagne so why not skip the noodles and turn the whole thing into a cheesy lasagne dip!
Oh dear, Cade we’ve created a problem. First we took our favorite Chicken Tortilla Soup and made it into a dip. Then we took lasagna and turned it into a cheesy lasagna dip. Oh and don’t forget about the pepperoni pizza dip or the California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza Dip. What’s next, a chicken alfredo dip?!
Actually, that could be really good. Oh my golly we are going to weigh 500 pounds! #cantstopwontstop
Really, this turned out so stinking delicious that although we’ve been posting 100 DIP RECIPES over the last few weeks (Yes, you should click that link to view them all) we just had to post this one too. It’s meat, sauce and cheese so what isn’t there to love? Am I right?
Except that’s not what makes it. I actually think it’s the garlic bread that you use for dipping that’s most important. We thought about bread sticks but we wanted better scoopability (I made that up. Cade says he isn’t surprised, ha!) and pita or tortilla chips were just all wrong. Instead we sliced up a sourdough baguette, buttered, sprinkled garlic seasoning and then wrapped them in foil to warm in the oven and it was PERFECTION!!!
We just used jarred marinara for convenience but you could use our spaghetti sauce recipe too. When using a jarred sauce just add your own meat, freshly cooked, we used ground beef and hot Italian sausage, a little fresh herb and garlic action to wake things up and we simmered it all together. Then we used ricotta but you could totally use cottage cheese if you prefer. Just make sure the sauce goes down and then the cheese so you don’t burn it. Now layer it all up, sauce, ricotta (we add basil to ours) mozzarella, more sauce and more mozzarella. Bake the whole shabang off and serve with the warm bread! Oh and pack on 5 pounds. You’re welcome.
What is the Best Bread for Garlic Bread?
Garlic bread is usually a baguette or sour dough like a ciabatta.
French Bread or Italian bread are also good choices.
Really, garlic bread can be made from any bread you choose.
Just add garlic and herbs of your choice and grill or broil.
Will Lasagna Sheets Cook in the Oven?
To cook lasagna pasta in the oven, soak the lasagna sheets in a single layer in boiling water for 5 mins.
Can Lasagna Be Reheated?
To reheat lasagna, cover it with aluminum foil and bake it in the oven at 350° F until its internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Cheesy Lasagna Dip
Cheesy Lasagna Dip
I love dipping garlic bread in the sauce that oozes out of lasagna so why not skip the noodles and turn the whole thing into a cheesy lasagna dip!
- 2 1/2 Cups Marinara Sauce or our spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 Pound Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/4 Pound Ground Beef, cooked and drained
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, chopped or 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dried
- 2 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Baguette, sliced
- 1/3 Cup Butter, softened
- Garlic Spread Seasoning to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sauce, meats, garlic and basil.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a cast iron dish or 8×8″ baking dish, add half of the sauce.
- Spread all over the bottom of the dish.
- Add the ricotta and gently spread over the sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top and the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. For a little more color you can place it under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter the slices of bread, sprinkle with seasoning and lay on foil.
- Wrap the foil up into a bundle and place in the oven with the dip the last 5 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle the dip with parsley and serve!
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 570 Calories
- Total Fat: 35.5g
- Cholesterol: 103.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 36.6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugar: 9.6g
- Protein: 26.2g