With all of these different “bomb” recipes floating around out there I have seriously started to turn everything into one. Naturally chicken cordon bleu was meant to be as it’s usually breaded anyway, right? So chicken cordon bleu bombs it is!!
These are so yummy! I love that the inside is so creamy and savory but without the normal ingredients like cheese and bacon. It’s all mixed up but still tastes like that classic dinner. It’s so fun to take to a party too because not only does everyone love it but it fills you up on more real food versus just chips and dip. We hope you love it!
Does Chicken Cordon Bleu Have Blue Cheese?
Chicken Cordon Bleu is Breaded Chicken, stuffed with Swiss cheese and ham.
There is no blue cheese in chicken cordon bleu.
Can Chicken Cordon Bleu Be Prepared In Advance?
Chicken cordon bleu can easily be made ahead of time.
Just prep the chicken and refrigerate it up to a day ahead of time, which is very convenient.
Can Chicken Cordon Bleu Be Frozen Raw?
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a great make-ahead freezer meal.
Prepare chicken as directed but do not bake.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Freeze up to 3 months.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bombs
- 1 package biscuits
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Ham, chopped
- 2 Cups Swiss Cheese, shredded
- Oil for frying
- On a flat surface, separate each biscuit into two pieces.
- Cut each circle in half and fill with chicken, ham and cheese.
- Pinch to close.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Fill a saucepan 1/3 full of oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, fry 2-4 bombs at a time, turning occasionally until golden in color.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 211 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 51.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 7.4g Fiber: 0.2g Sugar: 0.5g Protein: 14.7g