This is a very simple way to make a classic masterpiece, but as chicken cordon bleu bundles! Serve with roasted red potatoes and my lemon-lime jell-o for a great combo of flavor!
They are easy to make and easy to get the kids to eat.
Does Chicken Cordon Bleu Have Bleu Cheese?
No, chicken cordon bleu is not made with bleu cheese.
Chicken cordon bleu is made with Swiss cheese.
The name actually means “Blue Ribbon” chicken.
Do You Eat Chicken Cordon Bleu With Gravy?
Chicken Cordon Bleu can be served with a cream sauce.
Cream sauce is not the same as gravy.
Can Chicken Cordon Bleu Be Frozen?
Chicken cordon bleu can be frozen before or after baking.
Prepare up to the point of baking, wrap well in plastic or cover in foil and freeze.
Or, bake cordon bleu, let it cool and place in freezer bags in the freezer, to be reheated later.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bundles
Recipe By Megan
- 8 Rhodes rolls, defrosted
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1-2 slices 1/4 inch thick cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese sauce is optional
sauce is optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
- butter, melted about 2 tablespoons
- Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix chicken, ham, cheese, and Italian seasoning to taste in small bowl. Or add the butter to a sauce pan, once melted whisk in the flour and quickly add the milk.
- Stir until beginning to thicken at a boil, turn down to medium low and whisk in the cheese and seasoning.
- Allow to cool slightly and toss with the chicken and ham.
- Combine two thawed rolls into one.
- Roll out each pair of rolls into a square.
- Fill half of your square with chicken mixture.
- Fold empty half over your filled half and press the edges together.
- Top with sesame and poppy seeds, or if you are feeling good, dip each bundle in butter and coat with Italian style bread crumbs.
- Place on a cookie sheet, and bake 15-20 mins, until bundles are slightly browned.
*As far as the ham goes, I just go to the deli at my favorite grocery store and ask for a couple slices of my favorite ham, sliced at 1/4 inch.*
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2892 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 462mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 265.5g Fiber: 11.2g Sugar: 21.9g Protein: 162.6g