Ok, so they may not look like “dinosaurs”, but let me explain these chicken nuggets…
P used to be one of the pickiest eaters. We couldn’t even get her to eat plain chicken. One day I had made Panko Crusted Chicken with Lemon Sauce and was trying to get her to take a bite without forcing it on her. I noticed that one little piece kinda looked like a dinosaur. I told P, “Hey look this one is a dinosaur. There’s its head, body and tail. ROAAAAR!!” I kid you not, she ate every bite. She has never looked back. So whenever I make chicken that is breaded we call it chicken dinosaurs. Crazy the things that we’ll do to get our kids to eat.
This is the grown up version of chicken nuggets.
Will Chicken Nuggets Stay Warm In A Thermos?
Chicken nuggets can be kept warm in a thermos.
Cook the chicken nuggets till done.
Preheat the thermos with hot water and dry.
Place a paper towel in the bottom of the thermos and add chicken nuggets and close the lid.
Can Chicken Nuggets Be Cooked In A Microwave?
Chicken nuggets can be cooked in a microwave.
But, chicken nuggets that are cooked in a microwave will not be crisp.
Can A Dog Eat Chicken Nuggets?
While chicken nuggets aren’t exactly healthy for your dog, they won’t hurt the dog.
Ranch Chicken Dinosaurs
Recipe by Paula Deen
- 1 Cup Panko
- 2 Tb Dry Ranch Mix
- 1/2 Ts Salt
- 1 Pound Boneless, skinless Chicken breasts, cubed
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- Veggie or Peanut oil for frying
- In a small bowl combine the panko, ranch mix and salt.
- Dredge chicken in flour
- Dip in slightly beaten egg, then coat in the panko mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large Dutch oven.
- Heat to 360.
- Fry chicken in batches for 5-6 min or until done. I am constantly moving them around because I hate uneven coloring.
- Serve with sauce of choice!!
Yield: , Serving Size: 1 recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 1183 Calories
- Total Fat: 19.5g
- Cholesterol: 491.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 119.6g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 123.7g