This Chicken Oreganato recipe took us by surprise, it is delicious!
We were fooled. We thought spring had finally come this week. It has been beautiful outside! That is until today. It’s all cloudy and windy. We are expecting rain again. Which I guess is better than snow, but still!!! Oh well.
We were thinking that this chicken oreganato would be so bland, but all of the reviews said it was so delicious so we decided to give it a try. So good! We really liked it. We rubbed over and under the skin so I am sure that helped, but seriously so good!
For anyone worn out from the week this is the perfect dinner. Quick, easy and delicious.
We served our chicken along with brown wild rice and salad.
How Long Will Wild Rice Keep?
Uncooked wild rice will keep forever is stored properly.
It should be stored in a container that protects it from moisture and dust.
Cooked wild rice can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Is Wild Rice Healthier Than Brown Rice?
Cooked wild rice has about 30% fewer calories than brown rice as well as 40% more protein.
Wild rice contains more potassium, zinc and fiber than brown rice.
How Long Can You Keep Raw Chicken In the Refrigerator?
Raw chicken should be stored for no more than 2 days in the refrigerator.
Chicken Oreganato Recipe From Allrecipes.com
- 7 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash chicken well and pat dry.
- Mix oregano with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub well over all of the chicken pieces.
- Put chicken in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Whisk the oil with the lemon juice and drizzle half over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces and drizzle with the remaining oil/lemon mixture.
- Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature