This is the old picture from when I first shared this recipe. My girlfriend adds mushrooms which Cade enjoys so you can see that in there, I tend to skip them.
Can You Cook Chicken from Frozen?
It is perfectly safe to cook frozen chicken in the oven (or on the stove top) without defrosting it first.
Remember that it’ll generally take about 50 percent longer than the usual cooking time for thawed chicken.
Is Cream Cheese and Neufchatel the Same?
Neufchâtel is made using milk exclusively.
Cream cheese is made with milk and cream.
American Cream Cheese and American Neufchâtel can be used interchangeably!
Mom’s Cheesy Chicken Pillows
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Mom's Cheesy Chicken Pillows
- 1 Can Crescent Rolls Pillsbury
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken's breast meat picked off or 2-3 Large Split Breasts cooked with poultry seasoning
- 8 oz. Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 Cup Mushrooms* optional thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter softened
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper fresh ground
- 1 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs in a dish
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted, in another dish
For the Gravy
- 1 Packet Chicken Gravy
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix the chicken, cream cheese, butter, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Flatten out the crescent roll triangles and fill each with a large spoonful of the chicken mixture.
- Roll the pillows in the melted butter and then the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-30 min or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy or whatever sides you desire.
For the Gravy
- Prepare according to directions or whisk together the gravy mix according to directions and add a can of soup.