HMMMMM, I guess I’m just not a chocolate cookie person. I’ve heard so much about these Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies that Paula Deen makes and they were yummy, but not my favorite cookie. If you like chocolate cookies this recipe may be for you. Actually, I take that back, I’ve had two chocolate cookies that I really liked so I’ll work on getting the recipes so I can post them on here. I will say that these are soft, gooey and have a creamyness to them so they are good just not my favorite. I thought I would still share the recipe in case we have any chocolate cookie lovers out there.
Can You Use Neufchatel Instead of Cream Cheese?
Neufchatel has a very similar flavor and texture to cream cheese.
It is a little softer than cream cheese and has less fat and calories.
Neufchatel can be used in most recipes calling for cream cheese.
Can You Substitute Salted Butter for Unsalted Butter In Recipes?
It is usually best to use the type of butter called for in a recipe.
If you do not have unsalted butter, you can substitute salted butter by decreasing the salt in the recipe.
Reduce by 1/4 teaspoon of salt per 1/2 cup of butter.
Is Powdered Sugar The Same As Confectioners’ Sugar?
Yes, powdered sugar and confectioners’ sugar is the same thing.
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
Recipe By Paula Deen
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
- Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey."
- Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3842 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 652.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 382.7g Fiber: 12.2g Sugar: 203.5g Protein: 49.9g