I feel like it’s a blast from my past today. When I was little I would go to the mall with my mom and sometimes she would buy me chocolate marshmallow cookies. It was my favorite. The cookie was huge, really soft and it had a huge marsh covering the whole thing and then loaded with chocolate frosting. Last year I decided to recreate that cookie and although I can hardly finish one since the marsh is too sugary now my husband loves them and I still think they are pretty darn good too.
This time for some reason the marshmallow wouldn’t press out across the cookie, but just pretend it did! If I we are in a bind I will use a chocolate cake mix and make cake mix cookies instead of homemade.
Are Marshmallow Gluten Free?
Some marshmallows include a starch that has gluten in it.
Jet-Puffed (Kraft) marshmallows should be gluten-free, as are some store brands.
But read the label first!
Are Marshmallows Dairy Free?
Marshmallows are completely dairy free.
Marshmallows are made from sugar, water and gelatin.
Can Marshmallows Be Frozen?
Marshmallows can be frozen for up to 3 months.
They should be frozen in a heavy duty freezer bag.
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 1/4 Cups Butter Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Bag of Large Marshmallows.
- Hersheys (we halved the recipe)
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cups Hershey’s cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat to 350
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients and mix with creamed ingredients.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 6 min.
- Meanwhile cut some marshmallows in half an set aside.
- Pull the cookies out of the oven and quickly top with marshmallows and place back in the oven until big and fluffy.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt butter and stir in cocoa.
- Alternate between adding powdered sugar and milk until a spreading consistency is reached, beating with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add more milk, if needed.
Serving Size:1 batch
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 7441 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 1181.1mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 1081.8g Fiber: 53.5g Sugar: 765.7g Protein: 73.1g