I am not a winter person, but I am totally getting into fall. I love it more and more each year. It’s the same way with Halloween. I haven’t ever not liked Halloween, but the older I get, the more fun I think it is. Plus, if you have fudge brownies stuffed with chocolate, marshmallow and peanut butter chips, to make chocolate marshmallow peanut butter brownies Halloween is the bomb.com. Yup, I went there.
(Don’t worry, I totally realize that this pic is not in focus, but seriously, could these brownies be any more delicious?)
What is it about a stuffed brownie that I have to have at least one? I can totally turn down a sugar cookie, cupcake, etc, but brownies? No way. I MUST have one. Ok, I do know one thing, the “gooeyness factor” is my real draw. In fact, the ones pictured above are blazing hot, but I just could not wait to get them out of the pan. For photographing this really isn’t smart as they are a mess… See picture below.
Oh my gosh, these are so yummy. And they go against everything I believe in!! They are not good for you, it uses boxed cake mix, marshmallows and peanut butter chips, and yet I cannot help but to dig in!!
So, my darling friends if you’d like to be mom, friend, or neighbor of the season, make some “Spooky Brownies” and go ahead and love everyone singing your praises. I know I will.
Oh, and ps, I must mention that my darling, P still says, “Smooky”. Not because she cannot pronounce, spooky, she just thinks it’s really called “Smooky”. And we don’t correct her. It’s too cute. Don’t worry, we say it correctly so she will catch on eventually. 😉
Are Marshmallows Dairy Free?
Marshmallows are dairy free.
Marshmallows are made up of basically just sugar, water and gelatin.
Can You Use Salted Butter Instead of Unsalted in Recipes?
If you do not have unsalted butter, you can use salted butter in recipes.
You will just need to leave out, or reduce the added salt in the recipe.
What Can You Substitute for Evaporated Milk?
You can make your own evaporated milk.
To produce 1 cup of evaporated milk, simmer 2 1/4 cups of regular milk down until it becomes 1 cup.
Chocolate Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Fudge Cake Mix
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Marshmallows, if you use large make sure to cut them in half
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter and evaporated milk.
- Press 1/2 of the dough into a 9x13" baking pan.
- Place in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with peanut butter chips, milk chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized dough balls from the bowl and press flat in the palm of your hand. Carefully lay over the marshmallows. Don't worry about cracks showing.
- Once the brownie is completely covered, place back in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool completely (unless you are me, then wait 10 minutes and dive in. Oh the gooey goodness!!)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 6136 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 411.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 625.7g Fiber: 29.4g Sugar: 381.4g Protein: 103.9g