Everyone is out and about trying to get their, “Get in Shape” New Years Resolution” in and I’m thinking about the food. You see my sister, Rachelle
has been going through a huge weight loss journey and I’m so incredibly proud of her. She used working out and Weight Watchers to lose the weight and while I think weight watchers is a great program I also think it’s not really life long program and kinda misses the point about educating on real food, nutrient rich foods etc. Don’t miss read this, I do believe in programs like this one that teach you about portion control and taking charge. I especially like that it helps its users feel that they are not be deprived of anything. Kinda like these chocolate pancakes.
Yup, these are still pancakes. They aren’t secretly packed full of broccoli and kale, and they shouldn’t be consumed 10 at a time, but they are still better than your average pancake. Promise.
Plus, there’s strawberry syrup. Yup. Booyah.
These pancakes are really similar to these Multi grain Chocolate Pancakes
, so feel free to try both and tell me which you prefer. The sea salt in the others is really fantastic, but these are pretty close too. Oh, and don’t forget to try the buttermilk syrup
, which is our most favorite ever.
We loved this strawberry syrup. LURVED IT. (Which is a much stronger word than love. Look it up. It’s probably in that urban dictionary thingy. Actually, don’t. You never know what would come up.)
The chocolate pancakes are the perfect canvas for the silky, fruity syrup.
So, I mentioned this on facebook yesterday, but I’d love to hear what you all think about resolutions. I personally would rather set lots of little goals throughout the year to help me become a better person. Like this year, I’d like to make a family game night and work on doing it once a week. “The family that plays together stays together”.
What about you? What goals are you setting? Or do you prefer to have a word to live by for each year?
Chocolate Pancakes With Strawberry Syrup Recipe
Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberry Syrup Recipe
For The Pancakes
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup White Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Wheat Germ
- 2 Tablspoons Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Plain, Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 Cup Fat Free Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
For the Syrup
- 1 Cube (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- In a bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Sometimes, there are tiny little clumps of the cocoa. Don’t worry, it will all work out.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Create a well in the center of the flour and add the wet ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat and rub with a little unsalted butter.
- Use 1/4-1/3 cup to scoop out the batter and pour onto the hot pan.
- Cook until little bubbles have formed and begun to pop.
- Flip over and cook through, about another minute. Serve with homemade syrup and lots of love.
For the Syrup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the milk, strawberries, sugar, and butter.
- Heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from the heat and quickly add the baking soda, stirring to incorporate it.
Yield: 1 recipe, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 3284 Calories
- Total Fat: 120.3g
- Cholesterol: 651.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 498.3g
- Fiber: 25.9g
- Sugar: 264.8g
- Protein: 73.3g
All images and text ©
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.