I’m sorry. I know it is about to be swimsuit season, but you won’t be able to resist this delectable treat that I am sharing with you today. I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and today I am bringing you a dessert with one of my favorite flavor combinations.
I bet if someone took a survey of everyone in the United States and asked them to vote for their favorite flavor combination, chocolate and peanut butter would be within the top three favorite flavor combinations. Chocolate peanut butter is definitely one of my top three favorites! Chocolate and peanut butter creates an incredible flavor for so many of my favorite treats – ice cream, cookies, cupcakes, granola bars and, of course, brownies! These chocolate peanut butter triple layer brownies are not just your average brownie.
Two layers of dreamy chocolate sandwiches a layer of creamy peanut butter. The recipe I used for the brownie base is one of my favorites. It is dense, chewy and full of flavor.
As soon as I made these brownies, I sent them off with my husband to share with his coworkers. I am pretty sure if they sat around the house any longer, I would have eaten far too many. I can’t resist a brownie, and I certainly can’t resist a brownie with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze.
Three layers of chocolate and peanut butter goodness is combined to create a brownie that the entire family will love. There really isn’t anything special about making these brownies, you just bake the brownie base, cool and then layer it with peanut butter frosting and chocolate glaze. As soon as you take one bite you will realize you are eating something extra special!
Is Peanut Butter a Good Source of Protein?
Peanut butter is a good source of protein.
There are about 8 grams of protein in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
Can Brownies Be Frozen?
Brownies, like most other baked goods can be frozen.
Cool completely and wrap well in plastic or foil and freeze up to 3 months.
Do Brownies Need To Be Refrigerated?
Brownies will keep for a week or more at room temperature.
There is no need to refrigerate brownies.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Triple Layer Brownies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Triple Layer Brownies
For the brownies:
- 1 ¼ cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the peanut butter layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick, at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- pinch of salt
For the chocolate glaze:
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- To make the brownies, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water until butter is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove bowl from saucepan and gradually whisk in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture in three additions, folding with a rubber spatula until batter is completely smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smooth the top, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- To make the peanut butter layer, in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and peanut butter together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and salt and beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the peanut butter frosting to the brownie pan.
- Using a spatula, smooth frosting over brownies.
- To make the chocolate glaze, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spread chocolate over peanut butter layer.
- Store brownies in refrigerator until chilled, about 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge, cut and serve.
Looking for more Chocolate Peanut Butter recipes?
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Reese’s Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cookie Pie
Connect with Ashley:
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Google + | Instagram
it looks delicious!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
DYINGGG! Choc+pb is the king of flavor combos and I am obsessed with every single thing about these brownies!
Don’t they look awesome!
Pretty sure I need 6 or 7 of these! So delicious!
yum!! those triple layers look delicious!!
Oh yes. This is what I’m talking about!