Why is pizza so delicious? Actually, I know why, carbs is love and cheese is pretty high up there too so how could it not be amazing, right? We have a few favorites at our house. Our pizza sauce has gone viral it’s so blasted good and the comments totally support how wonderful it is, 4 cheese margarita pizza is mine and Cade’s favorite while the girls prefer their perfect pepperoni pizza. And if you saw instagram you know I’ve got a secret pizza coming soon. Be excited, be very excited. This one was a totally shot in the dark. We’d been experimenting with this awesome Imperial Chorizo from and one day I threw some leftover Pillsbury pizza dough on the grill and then thought, oh I better use up that chorizo! So, chorizo pizza was born and let me tell you three reasons you MUST make it.
1. The kids thought the chorizo was pepperoni so dinner was easy and no complaining.
2. Grilling pizza takes like 3 minutes, no sauce needed and you don’t have to heat up the whole oven.
3. There is something so crazy delicious about the chorizo, honey and cheese together. WOWZA!!! It actually would be an awesome appetizer for a party too!
I know, it seems like one of those gourmet pizzas that is ok but you don’t really care about but it is awesome! The crust was amazing, and that darn aged cheddar cheese with the best chorizo ever and honey are so blasted yummy!! And in just 5 minutes? You cannot beat that!
What Is Chorizo?
Chorizo is spicy pork sausage.
What Can You Substitute for Chorizo?
Spicy Italian sausage is a suitable substitute, although it will add a strong fennel flavor.
Spanish chorizo is made with cured or semi-cured chopped pork (usually smoked) and seasoned predominantly with smoky Spanish paprika.
Can Pizza Dough Be Made Ahead?
You Can make pizza dough ahead of time, even the night before.
After it has risen once, divide into balls and wrap in plastic.
Store in the refrigerator, or freeze.
- 1 pizza dough
- 1-2 cups aged white cheddar
- garlic olive oil, see note
- chorizo, sliced thin
- Heat a grill over high heat. Brush each side of the dough with the garlic olive oil and lay flat on the grill. Now add the cheese, and chorizo. Cook until the bottom is turning a light golden color or grill marks appear and remove from the grill. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.